Fox SportsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Segment Producer's purpose is to assist the line producer with daily segments, topics, talent coordination, tease/bump material, and guest preparation. The Segment Producer also line produces some segments and under the guidance of the CP and Producer, the goal is to learn the skillsets required of the producer position to eventually grow into that role. Also might be required to communicate with the LA Resource Center / News Group on how to acquire content for the segment they are working on.
• Work closely with show talent to decide show topics, timing, and developing opinions.
• Handles guest segments by prepping talent, scripting lead-ins, writing questions and video.
• Produces news updates segments by writing scripts for all reads and producing video.
• In short, right hand person to the Producer through managing vision of important segments within the show to put proper attention to detail on best execution to put the best possible product on the air. Also, works directly with talent for content and creative vision from their standpoint.
• Bachelor degree.
• Previous work experience as a Production Associate, Broadcast Associate, Associate Producer and Producer required for Feature Producer responsibilities.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, leadership skills, and strong analytical skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail are required. Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining effective business relationships is necessary. The ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints is required.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1, FS2; FOX Sports Regional Networks, their affiliated regional web sites and national programming; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.