Fox 31 DenverDenver, CO
Full Time Job
Operations – KDVR/KWGN, Denver, Co
Reports to – Managing Editor
FLSA classification – Exempt/Non-Exempt
KDVR/FOX31 Denver and KWGN/Colorado’s Own Channel 2 are looking for an experienced reporter to join our team. We want someone who fights for the lead story, brings ideas to the table daily, cultivates sources, owns social media, posts to the web site and clobbers the competition! Candidate must have strong storytelling skills and an energetic/creative delivery. We are looking for someone who is enterprising and passionate about news.
Ideal candidate should handle breaking news and live shots with ease, while also being able to dig deep into a variety of topics for compelling, promotable reports with high production value.
Candidate must have very strong social media skills and able to contribute on all platforms. MMJ experience is a plus. College degree and a minimum of five years television news reporting experience preferred; must be a team player who can multi-task under deadline pressure and work a flexible schedule. Please do not apply if you do not have broadcast reporting experience and a fire in your belly to win!
• Pitch unique stories that will get results and drive ratings
• Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Perform other duties as assigned
• College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Journalist
• Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
• Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder.