Intern - Corporate Sponsorship
Film IndependentLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Do you like independent film, fundraising, and planning events?
We are looking for energetic, hardworking, and enthusiastic interns to join our team this awards season.
About Film Independent:
Film Independent produces the Spirit Awards, the annual celebration honoring artist-driven films and recognizing the finest achievements of American independent filmmakers. Film Independent also produces the LA ngeles Film Festival, showcasing the best of American and international cinema and the Film Independent at LACMA Film Series, a year-round, weekly program that offers unique cinematic experiences for the Los Angeles creative community and the general public.
The ideal candidate for this internship is someone who is seeking non-profit experience in fundraising, event planning and marketing, and is passionate about film. We are looking for an outgoing individual, who is a team player and is eager to learn. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Photoshop is highly desirable!
• Organize and update fundraising materials
• Assist in the on-site stewardship of Film Independent Sponsors, as assigned
• Participate in the organization and preparation of our programs and events
• Assist with event wrap reports under the supervision of the Corporate Sponsorship Assistant
• Track inventory of sponsor donated materials
• Assist in special events - including high profile conversations, screenings, and receptions
• Must be available all-day March 3rd.
• Competencies and Expertise:
• Strong verbal communication skills and professional presence
• Strong organizational and administrative skills, with attention to detail
• A high level of initiative and enthusiasm and a bias for action
• A team player
• A positive attitude and ability to adapt
• A passion for cinema, the arts, and independent filmmaking. A strong dedication to Film Independent and its values, inclusiveness, diversity and collegiality
• Experience with computers, databases, and email. Excel is preferred!
• Strong Customer Service skills
• 2 days a week, 11am-5pm (flexible)
• Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
• Gain skills applicable to fundraising, event planning, marketing, project management, publicity
• Networking opportunities with individuals in the film industry
• Attend a Film Independent event(s)
• Opportunity to receive a Letter of Recommendation
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online