Falcon's Creative GroupOrlando, FL
Full Time Job
Falcons Creative Group is looking to hire a Pipeline TD to work in our studio in Orlando Florida!
The Pipeline TD works closely with artists and supervisors to research, design, develop and implement in-house tools to solve challenges during production and to make the pipeline more efficient. As an architect of the production pipeline, the Pipeline TD must create tools that not only solve current production challenges, but that will benefit the entire studio. The successful candidate can identify deficiencies in the technical process and recommend future proof solutions. The Pipeline TD must work well in a team-oriented production environment, where daily proactive problem solving and technical innovation are expected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, automate, test and maintain tools to extend and enhance the pipeline.
• Collaborate with supervisors and leads to ensure a smooth and efficient work process.
• Ensure that software development has documentation and follows guidelines.
• Prioritize and manage an extensive list of bugs and feature requests for existing tools and processes.
• Investigate patterns and trends, identify common problems in production, and recommend new processes or workflows to address those problems.
• Work closely with the department Lead to determine long term strategies and standards for the department.
Required Skills and Experience:
• At least 2 years experience developing tools in a visual effects or animation studio.
• Strong Python scripting required
• Strong understanding of PySide/Qt and building responsive models and interfaces.
• Experience Debugging, Improving Performance, and Testing tools.
• Advanced knowledge of Maya and scripting in Mel/PyMel.
• Experience using Shotgun and an understanding of the Shotgun Toolkit.
• Experience using one or more of Nuke, Houdini, 3dsMax, RV, Photoshop, Deadline and Redshift.
• Understanding of the entire CG production process from asset creation to the final edit.
• Experience with Agile development and working in Git in a team.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Unit Testing Experience
• Cross platform experience with Linux, Mac, and Windows.
• Experience using one or more of GitLab, GitLab Runner, Docker, Ansible, Jira, and Confluence.
• Experience packaging Python code using PyPi, Distutils or SetupTools.
• Experience working with Multi-Threading and Queues.
• Experience with AR / VR, experience creating ride profiles, and experience with GPU rendering.
Falcon's Treehouse, LLC is a drug-free workplace and employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, national origin, age, service member status, marital status, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online