FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The FX Production department is seeking a Coordinator to coordinate information, paperwork, and resources within the department and between the individual television productions and the studio, as well as other FX departments (e.g., development, promotion, marketing, etc.).
• Track all incoming production information and paperwork by show. File production division paperwork (i.e. call sheets, production reports, budgets, cost reports, credits, and distribution lists business correspondence). Create calendars for future production & date forecasting.
• Maintain resume files for potential production employees and office/stage availability in major production centers.
• Maintain master tape library. Work with other divisions that distribute digital masters for future and ancillary distribution.
• Coordinate with other FX departments and provide information and materials (e.g., show masters, HD-D5 copies, press materials and production times and written information, changes in production schedules, location of production shoots).
• Process and code monthly rent, parking and utility invoices for FXP overall deal participants, and post production vendors. Onboard vendors and independent contractors through internal cost tracking system.
• Regularly communicate and gather updates with production office staff on productions. Read and know the material that we are shooting.
• Roll calls and set meetings for department executives.
• Arrange travel for visiting talent and production personnel, and handle payments.
• Four year college degree. Minimum two years of experience working on a television set and in a production office. Experience working in a corporate office environment in an entertainment and television related company.
• Excellent communication skills required, and the ability to communicate precise information to and from multiple sources.
• Must be able to multi-task while dealing with many different and sometime conflicting needs and priorities, and track details of several different shows/productions at once.
• Must be able to follow-up on tasks and information with precise accuracy and speed.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills to meet and make connections with a wide variety of people while instilling confidence and reliability.
• Must have experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and some budgeting and scheduling knowledge. Basic math skills required.
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 90 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series, including The Americans, The Strain, Taboo, Legion and Snowfall; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD: Bette and Joan and the upcoming Trust; and acclaimed hit comedy series including the award-winning Louie, Baskets, Better Things and Atlanta. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 85 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer, You're the Worst and the upcoming untitled Marvel's Deadpool animated comedy series. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 55 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), and contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films in the evening, as well as short-form award-winning original programming. FX Networks received 55 Emmy® Award nominations in 2017, the most of any basic cable network for the fourth consecutive year, after winning a basic cable record 18 Emmy Awards in 2016.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.