Senior Financial Analyst
Full Time Job
ESPN's Program and Ad Sales Finance group has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Financial Analyst. This individual will work closely with ESPN's Revenue Management and Research teams to prepare strategic financial plans for key forecast periods (annual budget, long-range plan and quarterly forecasts). They will oversee recurring deliverables such as weekly ad sales pacing and monthly close variances, while also working with Programming and Research groups to evaluate ad sales impact of changes to network programming. In parallel to these responsibilities, this role will assist with the department's Business Intelligence activities, namely building ad hoc reports, conducting User Acceptance Testing of data enhancements, and creating new data visualizations.
• Consolidate and prepare weekly reports that provide senior management with a snapshot of ad sales for various ESPN media groups including, but not limited to Weekly Ad Sales pacing and Inventory reports.
• Prepare and disseminate weekly reports tracking given properties' ad sales revenue , including but not limited to, SportsCenter, Tennis and Boxing.
• Maintain forecast models for the annual budget, long-range plan and quarterly forecasts for areas of responsibility.
• Measure ad sales impact for P&L requests from programming group on changes to schedule.
• Create ad hoc reports within Business Objects, assist in UAT of new data enhancements within universe, and contribute to new and existing data visualizations and dashboards using VI tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau) as necessary.
• Prepare accurate consolidated monthly reporting for Hearst, ESPN BOD, and PwC.
• Advanced MS Excel abilities (Nested statements, pivot tables, charting, combining functions like Index, Match, Offset and Indirect)
• Minimum of 5 years in a corporate finance / business analytics role
• Financial modeling experience
• Experience with Business Intelligence products, i.e. Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy (Visual dashboarding a plus)
• Demonstrated experience working closely with information systems and/or strong ability to quickly learn new information systems
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to transition seamlessly from explaining micro details to communicating how they impact the big picture
• Acute attention to detail and aptitude for troubleshooting data discrepancies
B.S. in Finance, Accounting, or Business equivalent
• MBA preferred
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.