Manager Grants Administration
Full Time Job
Manager Grants Administration (ESPN)
As part of the ESPN Corporate Citizenship team, the Manager, Grants Administration is responsible for supporting the work of the team to ensure that the team is working efficiently and meeting departmental and financial goals as expected. Manager, Grants Administration helps to develop and implement plans, budgets, prepares reports and ensures the department complies with company policies and philanthropic funding guidelines. The Manager, Grants Administration oversees all back of the house operations and administrative responsibilities including but not limited to managing monthly forecasts, processing of charitable donations, reviewing and making recommendations on grant applications, tracking budget expenditures, producing quarterly budget forecasts, reporting on in-kind donation values, maintaining donations records retention, developing grant agreements, and overseeing the ongoing annual events calendar for the Citizenship team. In addition the Manager, Grants Administration will lead citizenship research efforts and their coordination with other internal stakeholders and oversee the compilation of the annual Corporate Citizenship report. The Manager, Grants Administration will also works closely with Disney Citizenship colleagues to ensure alignment and compliance with company-wide charitable initiatives and serves as ESPN grants administrator for the contributions online management system utilized for processing charitable donations.
Charitable Contributions Processing & Nonprofit Compliance:
• Manages the process for inputting and tracking external requests for charitable donations through Cybergrants Contributions Management System (CCMS) in a timely manner.
• Reviews/processes all required documentation for grant submissions, ensures oversight of the request by the program manager, processes payments, and responds to requestor.
• Assures that internal controls and security measures are in place; responsible for vetting of all nonprofit orgs to ensure Patriot Act compliance, fiduciary fiscal governance, sound financials, and overall good standing of nonprofit status.
• Responsible for all charitable grants correspondence (e.g., grant letters, final grant reporting, etc.).
• Produces CCMS ad hoc reports and analysis as needed. Represents ESPN to the Enterprise, developing and implementing the CCMS on behalf of ESPN. Assures full integration and implementation of the system at ESPN.
• Processes vendor requests and check submissions as appropriate.
Financials & Budget Oversight:
• Develops and oversees the annual philanthropic budget and monthly financial budget tracking for philanthropic grants to assist leadership in achieving contribution goals.
• Manages the general administrative and T&E budgets for the department.
• Produces regular budget expenditure reports for the Director and Vice President to ensure Corporate Citizenship is tracking against achieving their financial goals.
• Produces quarterly forecasts of upcoming budget expenditures as requested.
• Creates ESPN year-end charitable donation reports for The Walt Disney Company.
• Oversees Citizenship research in coordination with ESPN Research & Analytics teams.
• Works with The Walt Disney Company Citizenship team to coordinate collaborative research projects.
• Uses research to develop comprehensive reports and presentations to support ESPN CSR programs.
In-Kind Donations Fulfillment:
• Manages the fulfillment of all In Kind donations, includes tracking, packaging, and delivery.
• Maintains inventory of all warehoused product to facilitate donation strategies.
• Tracks and reports on annual donations of in-kind product by ESPN, including PSAs for ESPN Magazine, on-air content, radio spots, merchandise, talent appearances, digital and social media placement, etc.
• Organizes and fulfills on large donations of merchandise given to Corporate Citizenship by other lines of business.
• Explores opportunities for an in-kind, online product donation system with a nonprofit managing distribution of product and centralizing oversight of in-kind donations across ESPN offices.
• Advises remote operations on best practices and processes for making in-kind donations in market.
• Manages elements of sponsorship fulfillment for galas and other events including processing the contribution, producing event Ads, filling event seating, etc.
• Processes all executive requests for event sponsorships in coordination with the President's office.
• Reviews and processes charitable event sponsorship requests from other ESPN business units and Diversity team to ensure eligibility and alignment of nonprofits seeking support.
• Coordinates talent requests with the talent office to fulfill any appearances requested by nonprofit organizations.
• Oversees Corporate Citizenship data management including Fans/ESPN Guest list, ESPN Executive Board list, and others as identified to support the needs of the department.
• Maintains ongoing management of Corporate Citizenship annual program event calendar.
• Compiles and reviews all event plans to ensure best practices and lessons captured for each activation throughout the year; tracks costs associated with each event hosted.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
• 5 Years of experience within the Corporate Social Responsibility, Non-Profit, Corporate Citizenship, or Corporate Grant Making field
• Must be highly proficient in working with online, contributions management grants systems for making philanthropic charitable donations
• Must be highly proficient and have demonstrated experience in financial oversight and budget management
• 2 to 3 years Financial acumen with experience in either an accounting or finance field of work
• Technology experience working with diverse platforms and new technology
• Attention to detail and highly organized
• Team player and able to work across the enterprise
• Ability to work independently and self-lead work responsibilities with minimal direction needed from their leader
• Knowledge of PC database applications for maintaining database of in-kind product donations, data management of lists for events, etc.
• Excellent project and time management skills and ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of Corporate Citizenship trends and research best practices and ability to analyze data and make recommendations to enhance ESPNs reputations and giving practices.
• SAP systems knowledge
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.