Associate Marketing Director , SEC Network
Full Time Job
The Associate Director, Marketing will support all aspects of marketing strategy and promotional plans for the SEC Network. Responsibilities include brand-building, delivering annual marketing plans and leading the delivery of business results with cross-functional teams. The Associate Director is responsible for delivering world-class creative across TV, digital, mobile, print, OOH, grassroots, and Social channels. This role is responsible for being the primary advertising agency lead, building strong collaborative relationships with colleagues across many different departments and business partners at the SEC and its14 member institutions, and providing thought leadership and development of local market insights to ensure strategies and plans are as consistent as possible across all geographies and are highly resonant with consumers at a local level. This position will challenge your creativity and ability to work under pressure in order to deliver the highest quality content in a vastly changing media landscape. The position is part of the ESPN Sports Marketing team supporting the SEC Network, reports to the Senior Director SEC Network Marketing, and is based in Charlotte, NC.
The Southeastern Conference and ESPN launched SEC Network on August 14, 2014. The network televises over 45 SEC football games, 100 men's basketball games, 60 women's basketball games, 75 baseball games, and other events from across the SEC's 21 sports annually. Programming includes in-depth analysis and storytelling in studio shows such as SEC Nation, daily news and information with SEC Now, original content such as SEC Storied and SEC Inside, and more. Hundreds of additional live events are available for streaming exclusively on SEC Network's digital companion, SEC Network , via the ESPN app and SECNetwork.com. The network has 70 million subscribers in the U.S. and is also available in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa via ESPN Player, ESPN's sports streaming service in the region.
• Contribute to the development of the brand and business strategy to drive all elements of the SEC Network business plan.
• Drive collaboration between Sports Marketing and teams across the company. Serve as a key Marketing stakeholder and strategic business partner to various internal and external constituents including the SEC, its 14 member institutions, and ESPN Programming, Production, Digital Media, Social Media, Sales, Affiliate Marketing, Fan Intelligence and Corporate Communications.
• Conduct rigorous overall business and consumer/customer analysis. Lead brand market research initiatives working with the company's market research function. Lead the discovery of new fan and consumer insights, translate these insights into key brand and innovation initiatives.
• Accountable for viewership and usage of SEC Network, SEC Network , SEC Network social channels, and SECNetwork.com to achieve the highest possible ratings and digital consumption.
• Lead the day-to-day creative development process with advertising agencies, in-house creative teams and/or other related marketing resources to deliver world-class creative across the entire media-mix.
• Apply ingenuity, creativity, analytical and organizational skills to identify, evaluate and develop marketing strategies and tactics.
• Provide detailed performance analysis of all Marketing plans and initiatives.
• Oversight of budget and cost management for SEC Network portfolio.
• Responsible for driving marketing innovation and forming strategic alliances with external partners to deliver content across channels including mobile, social, digital, experiential and any other new medias.
• Manages a Marketing Coordinator and Associate Editor, Social Media. Provide an environment that challenges and rewards group by cultivating teamwork, creativity, innovation and career growth.
• A minimum of 6 years of Marketing/Advertising experience
• Minimum of 4 years of people management.
• Strong leadership skills. Create a compelling vision and lead change.
• Previous experience in brand management. Skills in brand positioning and a passion for Marketing Strategy and Advertising, including production experience.
• Applied experience in social and digital media strategies.
• Marketing Analytics/Financial Acumen. Strong base of analytic thinking. Consumer & Market Insights.
• Business case development and understanding of Return on Investment.
• Matrix management. Proven collaborator. Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Excellent creative instincts. Experience leading internal and external creative development process. Understanding of advertising development and agency relationships.
• Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation of ESPN's unique brand voice.
• Is a passionate sports fan with a comprehensive knowledge of the College Sports, the Southeastern Conference and its Member Institutions.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Hold self and others to a quality, on-time delivery.
• Desire to take risks and drive change.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Bachelor's Degree
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.