Intern - Music Supervision and Management
Dunvagen Music PublishersNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
St Rose Management and Dunvagen Music Publishers seek a Music Supervision and Management Intern for Spring 2018
Intern will complete project based tasks for both St Rose Management (Rufus Wainwright, Nico Muhly, Tom Waits) and Dunvagen Music (Philip Glass) related to music supervision and management. Day to day tasks include but not limited to:
- Music library maintenance for multiple artists
- Categorization of artists' music catalogs for distribution to music supervisors
- Professional outreach to music supervisors, film, TV and advertising contacts
- Research and excel work
- Data entry and retrieval
- Assist music assistants and copyists with archival scanning and digital library database maintenance
- Internal database management
- General office duties, including phone line supervision, maintenance of office supply, merch and CD inventory, receiving and sending mail, conference call setup
Ideal candidates are interested in learning about music as it pertains to film and advertising, as well as music management and artist relations. Candidates must be detail oriented and organized with strong problem solving skills. Must be based in NYC, pursuing or recently completed a Bachelor's degree in music, music business or related field. Must be proficient in Excel, Mac computers. Experience with DISCO or Songspace a plus. Previous office experience preferred.
2-3 days a week (10-15 hours) January - May, with flexible start and end dates. Position is unpaid, for college credit if needed.
St Rose Management is a small music management firm representing a wider range of artists. Office in New York City is shared with Dunvagen Music Publishers, a small music publishing and management firm representing Philip Glass.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online