Manager, HR Business Partner
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive MediaGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Inspire memories that last a lifetime…. That's what we do at Disney Consumer Products & Interactive. Join us and be a part of the award-winning team that brings Disney characters and their stories to life in the homes of consumers of all ages….
The Manager, Human Resource Business Partner contributes to defining and implementing a Human Resource strategy which aligns and integrates with the client's business strategy. This role serves as a strategic partner to clients within the Licensing business unit within the Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media segment of TWDC.
This position is responsible for developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR services such as: strategy development, organizational design & effectiveness, talent management, change management, merit & promotion, headcount planning, and performance management. This role reports to the Director, HR Business Partner.
Additionally, the Manager, HRBP facilitates the alignment and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs via effective partnership with other HR teams including employee relations, compensation, talent acquisition, workforce analytics, organizational development, and others.
The Manager, HRBP will also provide expert functional HR counseling, coaching, and training & development in partnership with other HR colleagues. S/he will help manage the design and implementation of new and changed HR policies and programs to enhance the client's workforce performance along with the employees' workplace experience.
• Design and execute strategies to increase organization, team and individual performance to improve the business's capabilities to deliver against its goals. Provide expertise in the areas of leadership and executive team development, organization and cast effectiveness, and meeting design/facilitation with a bias toward building client capability
• Assess human capital needs and articulate requirements to create new or improved business initiatives, HR policies, processes and programs
• Collaborate with HR functional partners to execute human resources strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth
• Deliver HR services to clients resulting in a seamless point of contact to the broader HR organization and ensure successful integration of functional partner initiatives and expertise
• Act as project manager for assigned HR initiatives and special projects across the client groups. Initiatives include employee survey action planning, performance management, talent planning, compensation planning, career development and organization design
• Manage day-to-day HR issues for assigned client groups. As a strategic business partner, ensure that HR solutions add value to the client's organization and frequently solicit feedback to that end
• Serve as a credible partner and point of contact for employees to voice concerns, ask questions and request assistance
• Handle employee relations issues for assigned client groups, escalating complex or unique employee relations issues to the Employee Relations team as appropriate
• Work in direct partnership with HRBPs from other areas to ensure a consistent and seamless service
• Minimum of 3 years in an HR Generalist/Business Partner position
• Previous experience managing multiple client groups and prioritizing associated projects in a fast-paced and high volume environment
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to develop strong relationships with diverse client groups
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead change in a matrixed organization
• Strong organizational skills
• Proven ability to identify issues and establish appropriate plans to resolve
• Demonstrated strong integration and strategic planning skills
• Proven knowledge of HR industry practices
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
• Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking
• Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Previous experience supporting revenue-driving client groups
• Relevant industry experience
• Proven consulting and/or change management experience
• Advanced computer skills to include people management systems (PeopleSoft, SAP, et.) and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree
• SHRM certification or other HR industry equivalent
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
This position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive, an equal opportunity employer.