VP, Ad Sales Research & Forecasting
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Lead team of 30 people in three offices responsible for linear and digital audience measurement, reporting and forecasting across all DATG business segments (ABC Entertainment, ABC News, Freeform and Disney Channels).
• Advise senior executives – in Programming, Sales, Distribution, Digital Media, Affiliate Relations, Digital, Distribution, Finance, PR and Legal – on consumer viewing behavior and opportunities to drive revenue.
• Support DATG Ad Sales teams with competitive/marketplace trend analysis, primary/secondary research and campaign performance reporting.
• In collaboration with CX peers, drive relevant consumer insights throughout the organization in support of sales goals and external messaging.
• Manage teams overseeing the reporting of TV (national ratings), Online, VOD, and Mobile viewing, as well as the management of inventory for all digital platforms.
• Lead multi-platform measurement strategy for content and ads to ensure maximum audience reach and monetization.
• Advocate DATG position on multi-platform measurement externally, and champion the need for innovation on industry panels, through speaking engagements etc.
• Oversee DATG measurement partnerships and budgets with third party vendors.
• Innovate on existing measurement tools and lead DATG participation in the testing of new audience measurement products, embracing new methodologies/data sets, etc.
• Minimum 10 years of television and/or digital media research experience, including significant experience with programming and ad sales research.
• An in-depth knowledge of Nielsen & comScore Linear and Digital syndicated product offerings and a sophisticated understanding of the challenges facing comprehensive audience measurement.
• Experience with or understanding of the technical concepts and workflows that underpin linear and digital video measurement (tagging, SDKs, etc.), and a working knowledge of the contemporary video ad tech landscape (ad servers, viewability vendors, DMPs, DSPs, SSPs, yield management tools, etc.).
• An understanding of multi-platform research methodologies and a sophisticated point of view on how to innovate and improve them.
• A data-driven leader with extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strategic thinker with ability to formulate innovative solutions to complex problems and keep ahead of industry trends.
• Demonstrated ability to develop a high-performance team of traditional and emerging skill sets to deliver results.
• Ability to analyze data and provide revenue driving recommendations.
• Familiarity with cross-platform video research efforts, and the challenges with normalizing data sets across television, VOD, OTT, Mobile, Web, SVOD and DTO.
• Working knowledge of site-side digital data sets (Adobe Omniture Analytics, Google Analytics) and ad serving data sets (Freewheel, DFP, DFA, Sizmek).
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• MBA or Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity