L3 Support Engineer
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is a part of the Solution Operations and Sustainment team, within the DATG IT organization. The Solution Operations and Sustainment team is responsible for the on-going sustainment and operations of the business technology services leveraged by the ABC, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, ABC Family, and Radio Disney lines of business. We provide strategic and tactical solutions in support of the company's goal of creating compelling and engaging content that can be accessed anytime and anywhere.
• Investigate and resolve production related issues in a timely manner from end user (UI) to persistence layer
• Analyze code changes, write complex programs and suggest implement continuous improvement on existing technical solutions
• Work collaboratively with other teams (QA, UX, Release Project Managers) to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and high quality
• Develop and mentor vendor teams to write elegant code using effective automated unit tests
• Ability to reason logically and creatively, identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions from the data available, and develop effective solutions while applying creative thinking in the design and development of high performing applications
• Help define software engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship
• Accountable for identifying and mitigating risks to the service delivery and proactively address and resolve issues before they impact service levels
• Guide the technical recovery of major system outages, interfacing with numerous stakeholders including external vendors or outsourced service delivery teams
• Lead periodic problem analysis meetings and post implementation reviews to document learnings and ensure the continuous improvement of the IT services
• Develop and maintain application documentation to help ensure that support can be efficiently performed and the impact of future requests can be assessed
• Monitor service performance and recommend areas of focus for continuous improvement initiatives
• Participate in on-call rotation for Level 3 support
• 3 years of experience in application development or software engineering in a large enterprise environment
• Diverse technology development experience, with preferences for the following languages/technologies:
• Java and HTML
• MVC Frameworks (KendoUI, Spring)
• Java BowTie
• Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Security
• AWS, Beanstalk, RDS
• Demonstrated experience successfully completing/delivering multiple projects using one or more SDLC methodologies (Iterative Development, Waterfall and Agile)
• Knowledge of Microsoft and UNIX operating systems (commands, scripting, and tools).
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Must be extremely organized and capable of tracking many issues simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills communication skills, able to articulate complex ideas in succinct, business terms without the use of technical jargon
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work assignments and to focus on the highest priority issues
• Experience with testing frameworks, continuous integration and build tools (jUnit, DBUnit, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, TestNG, etc.)
• Knowledge of application monitoring and performance management tools (Openview, Nagios, New Relic, App Dynamics, etc.)
• Previous work experience in media production, broadcast and/or distribution
• Experience in an outsourced IT environment
• Working knowledge of ServiceNow
• Knowledge of performance and profiling testing highly desired (jProbe, jMeter, YourKit)
• Specific development language certifications
• ITIL training or certification
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field
Master's degree in Computer Science is highly desirable
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Disney|ABC Television Group (DATG) is one of today's premier media entertainment companies, combining high-quality content with strategic use of technology to deliver compelling news and entertainment experiences to hundreds of millions of people around the world. This business segment of The Walt Disney Company is comprised of global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group and radio. Our employees are leading, creating, and innovating, making bold moves in unexpected directions that redefine not just what a media company does, but what it can do. With Disney|ABC Television Group, you can be part of media's evolution, helping us create what's next.