Sr. Front-End Engineer
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Front-End Engineer (React)
This role is a part of the Software Engineering team within the Disney|ABC Television Group - Media IT organization. We strive to be a diverse team, passionate about great technology applied creatively to solve complex business problems. We are a motivated team that is committed to lifelong learning and improving, both in and out of the office. We strive to be flexible and adaptable to change both in how we execute projects and in the technologies we use to deliver our solutions. We care about the details because every pixel, every line of code and every user interaction with our products determines whether we are delivering on our commitment to producing the very best products possible. You'll be joining a talented team that works interdependently toward aggressive goals to deliver technically sound solutions. We work to ensure that we share both accountability and credit as a team. We often include our users as part of our team and we work to connect with them on a human level, understanding their world, so we can deliver software that they love to use.
We're looking for a passionate, impactful, technical leader who wants to come here to do their very best work and make their mark, add their chapter to the long and storied history of The Walt Disney Company. Someone who holds themselves and their teammates accountable in a professional, collaborative manner. A collaborative technologist who seeks to bring the best out in themselves and those around them. Someone who can provide a fresh perspective and innovative insight to our initiatives.
• Deliver projects utilizing test-driven development (TDD) methodologies
• Do code reviews and provide leadership and direction to other web UI engineers
• Take a high ownership, self-sufficient, hands-on position on the team to lead and drive quality, maintain application stability
• Write complex programs, analyze code changes and suggest improvements
• Reason logically and creatively, identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions from the data available, and develop effective solutions while applying creative thinking in the design and development of high performing web applications
• Check-in valuable, clean code on a daily basis that adds new features and capabilities
• Create reference implementations for the purpose of mentoring and leading more junior staff (when required)
• Help define engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship
• Investigate and resolve any production issues from end user (UI) to persistence layer and work to prevent them
• Work with project managers to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and high quality
• Develop and mentor teams to write elegant code using effective automated unit tests
• Rapid prototyping of design concepts in order to turn them into fully working Web applications
• Collaborate on optimal user experience choices based on business requirements
• Integrate front end code with backend Web services through collaboration and service contracts
• Have 8-10 years of experience in web application development or software engineering in a large enterprise environment using modern frameworks
• Have a deep understanding of at least one major JS framework such as Ember, CanJS, AngularJS, ReactJS/Redux/NodeJS (preferred).
• Know the differences in developing for various browsers and platforms
• Be a perfectionist who makes sure every pixel is in the right place
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Care about your craft and have opinions about the ''right'' way to do things with technology
• Previous work experience in media production, broadcast and/or distribution
• Experience working with vendor teams to deliver high quality results
• Strong curiosity about how Disney delivers the Magic and a desire to be a part of it
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field
Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline is highly desirable
Disney|ABC Television Group (DATG) is one of today's premier media entertainment companies, combining high-quality content with the strategic use of technology to deliver compelling news and entertainment experiences to hundreds of millions of people around the world. This business segment of The Walt Disney Company is comprised of global entertainment and news television properties, the owned television stations group and radio. Our employees are leading, creating, and innovating, making bold moves in unexpected directions that redefine not just what a media company does, but what it can do. With Disney|ABC Television Group, you can be part of media's evolution, helping us create what's next.