Senior UI/Visual Designer
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
As a member of the Disney ABC Television Group Digital Media design team, you will be a design lead for our video streaming products, delivering conceptual and final product designs along with all deliverable and style guides. In this cross-platform position you will create industry-leading apps for mobile, OTT, web and emerging platforms.
The brands within the DATG portfolio include ABC, Oscar.com, ABC News, Disney Channel, Disney Jr, Disney XD and Freeform.
Our ideal candidate is highly creative, energetic and deeply knowledgeable about the latest design trends and technologies.
The Sr. Designer is an expert in user interface and visual design and has a solid portfolio of work from web and mobile to television over the top interfaces. This person is responsible for rapid conceptual design, high fidelity visual design, presenting and making recommendations to the group and is a leader and mentor to junior level designers. Work should be pixel perfect when delivering comps and guides to the development team.
• Qualified candidates must have at least 5-years-experience designing high-profile, complex experiences for the web, mobile and over the top interfaces.
• At least one year experience mentoring, managing, or art directing junior designers.
• Experience working for technology, digital media or digital focused agencies.
• Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and UI best practices.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
• Advanced understating and experience working with responsive and adaptive layouts.
• Self-motivated, problem solver with ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to design within brand guidelines and create guidelines as needed.
• Strong work ethic, reliability, adaptability, works well with others. A team player.
• Strong presentation skills.
• All applicants should supply an online portfolio link with their applications
• Experience with over the top UI (Roku, Xbox, Apple TV).
• Familiarity with the Disney | ABC brands and content.
• Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products.
• Experience working on video distribution platforms.
• Experience with rapid prototyping applications.
• Keynote and/or Powerpoint skills.
• Zeplin for style guides.
• Experience working in After Effects.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity