Senior Product Manager, Video
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Disney-ABC Television Group Digital Product Management team is currently seeking a Sr. Product Manager to join our diverse, dynamic, and dedicated team. The position is located in Burbank, CA and will report to the Senior Manager, Product Management. The Digital Media Product Management team is integral to delivering highly scalable, award-winning digital products across Disney-ABC Television Group on browsers, tablets, phones, and connected TV devices.
The Product Manager will support video experience initiatives that span across Disney-ABC Television Group business units, applications, and devices. This role will work collaboratively on a video roadmap with full ownership over specific video experience features.
This position will work closely with engineers to develop centralized capabilities that will be shared across the organization. The role will collaborate with our research and analytics groups to understand video performance across our entire ecosystem, and will help put together comprehensive analyses and actionable product recommendations for improving the overall viewing experience. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of video streaming principals, video streaming workflow, and of the HLS video spec.
This role will also assist in gathering and writing requirements for features and functionality that apply to multiple products under the video experience umbrella. He/she will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, other product mangers, UX designers and engineers to help evaluate and productize ideas and document plans.
He/she should be someone who is methodical and detail-oriented but can simultaneously think critically and creatively about the larger picture. He/she will be self-motivated and enjoy working independently, but also be able to collaborate successfully with a wide variety of stakeholders across business functions.
• A minimum of 2 years of product management experience
• Comfort working with analytics software and data visualization tools
• Excellent communication skills, namely the ability to articulate complex technical ideas and plans effectively to non-technical audiences
• Adept at writing user stories/journeys
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Strong presentation skills, particularly the ability to tell a story with data and research
• Experience working on video streaming products
• Experience with Digital Rights Management services, Server Side Ad Insertion, and Quality of Service/Experience for video stream delivery
• Experience in B2B/SaaS product development
• A track record of using data to drive successful product decisions and improvements
• Experience collaborating with UX and research teams to conduct user testing
• Experience presenting to large groups and/or executive stakeholders
• Familiarity with the entertainment industry and/or our shows and brands
• Must have a Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experience)
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity