Senior Manager - Product Management
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
There is an incredible transformation happening in television today, broad disruption on how people consume content and an ever-changing digital landscape. At Disney|ABC Television Group (DATG), we are creating stories with the power to change lives. By developing the technology with the power to change media, we have the ability to affect millions of people around the globe. Now is your opportunity to shape the future of digital media by joining our team as the Senior Manager, Product Management – Personalization.
Disney|ABC Television Group (DATG) is adding the role of Senior Manager, Product Management - Personalization to our Data Analytics and Personalization team to help with building the personalization pipeline to drive continuous innovation of our video streaming products, ensuring brand product managers get the insights they need and have the environment they need to experiment, target and launch personalization features.
We are seeking a strong candidate with hands-on experience in developing business and technical requirements to launch personalization capabilities such as, clickstream analytics, user segmentation, identity management, content discovery, recommendation engines, push notification, behavioral targeting, machine learning and A|B testing.
• Define product roadmap and requirement of personalization capabilities which can support multiple brands and a diverse set of personalization use cases.
• Collaborate with Product, Editorial, UX and Marketing teams to ideate on innovative personalization experiences that drive customer satisfaction, retention and engagement; identify personalization capabilities involved to deliver the experiences and define technical user stories needed for each platforms in the personalization pipeline.
• Work closely with the Data Science teams to develop user insights and strive to create a data-driven culture to develop product features and enhancements.
• Be an expert in experiment design and optimization; define requirements for A|B testing platform, identify tools and establish processes to perform A|B testing; have a clear vision on how to measure performance as well as assess the potential impact of new features.
• Approach business problems ''data-analytically''; use your expertise in business and analytics to prioritize personalization features by distilling the intended business outcome
• Collaborate with Data Science team to build recommendation algorithms and prediction models; establish processes to accelerate machine learning efforts
• Write detailed business and product requirements for implementation and work closely with Engineering team to deliver on those requirements
• 7 years of consumer product management experience
• 2 years of technical product management or equivalent experience
• 3 years of experience working with experiment design and A|B tests, experience with A|B testing tools such as Optimizely or Adobe Test and Target is a must
• 2 years of experience launching personalization, recommendation and machine learning services required
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with abstract ideas and decompose into analytical problems
• Excellent influencing skills and communication skills; Ability to cater messages to audience including all levels of the organization (from executives to software engineers)
• Ability to quickly establish credibility with software engineers and architects
• A proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
• Passion and desire to build features that enable millions of users to engage with personalized content and recommendations
• Consumer-focused product management experience required
• Experience with launching consumer products on web, mobile and OTT platforms
• Previous experience working on an entertainment or video stream products
• Experience working with content management server, push notification server and ad decision server
• Exposure to the TV Everywhere experience
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, or other Atlassian products
• Experience with data exploration using SQL, R or Python
• Exposure to data science techniques such as regression, classification, clustering, collaborative filtering
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Looker
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Data Science or similar disciplines required
• MBA is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity