Senior Manager - Field Operations
Disney ABC Television GroupWashington, DC
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager Field Operations oversees DC Bureau operation workflows in the field for news gathering, breaking news and planned special events.
-Oversees workflows for in and outside the bureau pertaining to news coverage and news gathering technologies.
-Oversees all ABC News remote sites in partnership with Director of Engineering and maintenance to support live locations at White House, Capitol Hill, Pentagon, State Department, Justice and the many other sites in Washington DC.
-Oversees the Manager, ENG Technical Operations who manages the ENG department and ENG equipment needs.
-Oversees the Manager of Field Operations.
-Oversees the Logistics Desk who handles day to day movement of technical personnel & equipment for all daily coverage, show requests, special events and planned events.
-Strong leadership skills to sustain the following infrastructures and relationships, in partnership with the Senior Manager of Media Operations:
White House: Manage Wiring Project on behalf of all broadcasters
Capitol Hill: Task Board Chair and manage ABC's focused responsibilities
Fulfill ABC's responsibilities for all other joint projects and oversee contractors and
maintenance for all of ABC's interests and assets
-Strong team management.
-Greatly supports Special Events and DC breaking news events for ABC News platforms.
• Must have a minimum eight years' experience in television news operations.
• Must have a minimum five years' experience managing a team(s) including personnel and department budget.
• Must have solid understanding and experience with technical systems supporting remote & field workflow including digital, IP, RF, microwave, satellite and fiber transport systems.
• - Must have a minimum three years experience working in the field during breaking news.
• Must be a strong team leader, and skilled in managing groups both inside employees and outside colleagues.
• Must have experience managing multiple projects at once.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
• Demonstrated experience working in VISIO, Excel and technical records management.
BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity