Senior Financial Analyst
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
At Disney ABC Television Group (DATG), you will work alongside the best, chart your own career course and help create the next generation of media and entertainment. It's an exciting time as we work across multiple platforms and on multiple continents, all while changing the face of media. And, you could be a part of the next evolution.
The Financial Planning and Analysis group is dedicated to providing high quality information and service to our business partners. We support their decision making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently providing and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. We will promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that will play a key role within the Financial Planning and Analysis group. This role supports Disney Television Animation (slate includes Sofia the First, Elena of Avalor, Tangled:The Series, Star and the Forces of Evil, and DuckTales) and will work closely with the production, production finance and distribution teams in order to manage programming costs and worldwide ultimates. Through partnerships with key stakeholders your work will include: performing financial analyses and decision support, improving financial models, ensuring timely preparation of forecasts/plans, providing cause of change explanations, and effectively communicating any issues or changes. By providing high-quality, accurate analytics and thoughtful, data-driven insights, the Senior Financial Analyst plays an integral role in supporting the short-term and long-term financial success of this business. You will be provided an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to act as a change agent by improving and building upon existing planning tools.
• Contribute to the preparation and analysis of the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan, and quarterly forecasts including the accompanying management presentations
• Prepare 10 year ultimates for Disney Television Animation. Solicit information from the global distribution teams to calculate APR rates
• Develop, enhance, update and/or maintain financial planning models
• Develop and communicate detailed reports and dashboards for senior leadership, consisting of overhead expense trend metrics, cause of change analysis, and financial summaries for management
• Collaborates with key stakeholders, accounting and internal finance team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning process, assumptions, and results.
• Work closely with accounting to actualize financial planning models after quarter close
• Prepare ad-hoc reports and presentations for various internal stakeholders; work on special projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
• Strong technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Passion for and interest in the global media industry and Disney's brands and franchises
• Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and resolve issues quickly without sacrificing quality
• Able to maintain both a rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
• Proactive and creative in approaching problems and presenting financial data
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Experience with SAP and COGNOS a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 2 years of relevant work experience
• MBA or CPA
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability