Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
This position presents an exciting opportunity to work with management within the Controller's Group of the Disney ABC Television Group (DATG). The Controller's Group oversees the accounting, consolidation, and reporting functions for the Broadcast and Cable Divisions of DATG. The Broadcast Division consists of the ABC Television Network, Owned Television Stations, and Domestic and International TV Distribution. The Cable Division consists of the Worldwide Disney Channels, Freeform, Radio Disney, the TV Animation groups, and our 50 percent interest in the A E Networks.
This position will primarily focus on reporting and analysis for the Disney ABC Networks Group cable properties. The Company operates over 100 Disney branded television channels, which are broadcast in 34 languages and 162 countries/territories. Branded channels include Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Disney Cinemagic, Disney Cinema and DLife. Freeform is a domestic cable network targeted to viewers ages 14 to 34. Freeform produces original live-action programming, acquires programming from third parties, airs content from our owned theatrical film library and features branded holiday programming events such as ''13 Nights of Halloween'' and ''25 Days of Christmas''.
• Prepare and analyze quarterly financial statements (Balance Sheet and P&L) for internal and external stakeholders, including the DATG Controller and Disney's Corporate Enterprise Reporting group
• Partner with numerous stakeholders, including Disney's Corporate Reporting Group, each of the cable business units, and the Finance Planning and Analysis teams to troubleshoot, answer questions, resolve issues, and creatively problem-solve
• Prepare and analyze drivers for quarterly and yearly variances driving key revenue streams, including advertising revenue and affiliate revenue
• Assist in preparation of quarterly deliverables, including the Representation Letter; account reconciliations; DATG-specific information included in the Company's quarterly earnings release, 10Q/K disclosures, and MD&A; and SOX and other compliance-related requests
• Identify and implement overall process improvements, and continuously think of ways to make processes more efficient, and participate in other special projects and ad hoc requests
• Minimum 2 years related experience
• Proficiency Microsoft Excel; excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and work ethic; ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently; ability to manage competing priorities; hands-on, self-motivated, and deadline-oriented
• Working knowledge of SAP and Cognos/TM1.
• Knowledge of SOX, compliance, and policies and procedures are desired
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
• CPA or demonstrated progress towards CPA candidacy preferred
At Corporate, you'll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company's many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.