Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC News is looking for a Production Assistant.
ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network's news programming, including ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''Good Morning America,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ABC News Radio, ABCNews.com, and satellite service NewsOne. An award-winning team provides the latest information and analysis of major events to bring viewers a big-picture understanding of the world.
Responsibilities include heavy administrative work such as fielding phones and correspondence; managing schedules; organizing and booking extensive travel; following up on and completing expenses; supporting two anchors in a production capacity for their projects and liaising between two busy anchors and multiple show platforms.
• Strong organizational and communication skills required.
• The Production Assistant must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
• Candidates will need to have flexibility with work hours and start times depending on broadcast and the anchors' needs.
• Familiarity with digital tools and social media strongly preferred, as is an interest in the editorial process.
• Some shooting and editing experience is desirable.
• Candidates are expected to perform well under pressure and join in breaking news situations.
• BA or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity