Managing Editor - Video
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The ''Managing Editor - Video'' is an editorial leader who will help articulate how ABC News evolves and differentiates long- and short-form video offerings as we aggressively grow our audience, revenue and brand.
He or she will lead the creative strategy for ABC News features and short-form originals, while closely collaborating with colleagues across our editorial, social and platforms teams.
This big-picture leader will pitch and develop new formats and series, with an eye toward audience growth and emerging engagement trends, such as AR and vertical formatting. They will also ensure that those efforts ladder into all ABC News initiatives around target audience, tentpole coverage areas and news division integration.
S/he must be a data-driven producer who understands how videos work across different digital platforms, especially mobile and social. They will have outstanding communication skills, impeccable news judgement, strong planning skills, and an ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• 8 years in digital video production
• Proven track record producing for social and mobile
• Experience managing teams
• Experience launching new digital video series and driving growth
• Knowledge of AVID, Final Cut and Photoshop
• Ability to use Canon C100, Canon 5D or similar DSLR camera is a must
• Ability to balance priorities, multiple projects and tasks
• Be ready to evolve, innovate and collaborate at all times
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity