Manager - Production Finance
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Welcome to Disney ABC Networks Group - where imagination meets innovation! We're home to Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior and FreeForm which encompass many of the hottest, hippest shows on television. Disney Channel alone has produced some of the biggest hits on television today, including the phenomenal Descendants Movie franchise and the hit series, Andi Mack and Ducktales. Whatever the show, our job is always about creating exciting entertainment!
Disney ABC Networks Group manages Disney Channels Worldwide, Disney XD, Disney Junior, Radio Disney, and FreeForm as well as the company's equity interests in Lifetime, A&E and The History Channel.
Disney ABC Networks Group's Production Finance Department is responsible for the financial management of all of our television series, MOW's, pilots and specials. We interact with many other Disney ABC Network Group departments on a daily basis.
• Responsible for the fiscal management and administration of both internal and external facets of development and production for original, licensed, and acquired network programming.
• Coordinate and manage pre-production finance and accounting inclusive of budget review, corporation set up, greenlight approvals, pre-buy of foreign currency, payroll/accounting systems set up, and production cash flow.
• Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence.
• Closely monitor the production progress to ensure swift financial issue resolution.
• Provide financial support to Production Executives.
• Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures.
• Responsible for selecting and engaging freelance production accountants.
• Manage tax incentive process, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, etc.
• Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger.
• Manage and review post production accounting functions with contracted firms.
• Provide guidance with accounting database systems and administration.
• Coordination of Affordable Care Act for eligible production employees.
• Plan and perform production cost verification and operational audits.
• Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed
• Minimum 5 years experience in television or feature film production accounting is required.
• Full working knowledge of production Pilot, MOW and Series budgeting.
• In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
• Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
• Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a corporate environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PSL3, EP Movie Magic, and Vista/GV, Smart Accounting
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelors degree is required
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, FreeForm, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability