Manager - Organizational Development
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Organizational Development is a team within the Disney ABC Television HR organization dedicated to driving organizational effectiveness for the business segment, with a focus on organizational design, change leadership, performance management and enabling our business goals.
The Manager, OD serves as a consulting resource to HR Business partners and executive leaders throughout DATG, integrating Organizational Development services and guidance with major short and long-term strategic initiatives, especially those related to organizational transformation.
The Manager, OD is based in Burbank, CA and reports to the Director, Organizational Development and Workforce Analytics.
• Organization design for Disney ABC Television businesses, inclusive of consulting to understand needs, building project roadmaps, and guiding/managing the organization design process in partnership with HR Business Partners to support business goals
• Change management for HR and Disney ABC Television business initiatives, inclusive of consulting to understand needs, building and implementing change, communication, and training plans, and building change leadership capabilities in others
• Work closely with our HR Business Partners to support business unit leaders set strategy, improve core business processes, redesign organizational structures, clarify roles and accountabilities with key stakeholders/partners, and realign cultures
• Responsible for overall Performance Management strategy
• Build the OD capability of others including HR Business Partners by providing practical guidance on methodology, tools, and implementation in areas such as organization assessments, process re-engineering, job redesign, and assessing talent against new functional job skills/capabilities.
• Actively support and participate in the TWDC Organizational Develop Centers of Excellence including OD projects that span across TWDC.
• Other organization development and project management assignments for HR or Disney ABC Television businesses as needed.
• 5 years experience in Organization Development or related field
• 3 years of OD or Human Capital consulting experience, or equivalent internal consulting experience, experience in change management, learning and talent management a plus.
• Able to assess complex organizational and business needs and effectively navigate to appropriate leadership and OD solutions with minimal direction and oversight required
• Demonstrates strong business acumen and a track record of success in partnering with business leaders
• Ability to manage relationships with clients and stakeholders – including the ability to influence thinking and facilitate group dialogue surrounding business and organizational challenges and opportunities
• Ability to translate complex issues into summaries, roadmaps, and systemic models that are sound and actionable
• Ability to adapt approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations and demonstrate high levels of personal integrity and confidentiality
• Ability to evaluate and derive relevant insights on business and organization performance to drive decision making
• Ability to apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals – including demonstrating strong business and financial acumen
• Superior project management skills (including initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing work to achieve specific goals and success criteria and the ability to multitask and manage competing priorities)
• Ability to navigate, thrive, and adapt in unexpected or dynamic circumstances
• Ability to deliver timely, high quality work that adds value
• Ability to develop and deliver effective written and oral communication that conveys a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Ability to deliver integrated solutions that support the strategic direction of the business and develop a game plan for success
• BA/BS degree is required, preferably in Organization Development, Organization Behavior, Human Resources, or related field
• MA/MS degree is preferred, preferably in Organization Development, Organization Behavior, Human Resources, or related field
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability