Manager- Financial Planning & Operation
Disney ABC Television GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The DATG Finance and Planning team manages the overall consolidated financial reporting for the DATG. In addition, the Planning team provides financial support to DATG's shared services, which includes Digital Media, Broadcast Operations and Engineering and IT.
The DATG Finance and Planning team is seeking a candidate to assist with the financial planning and analysis for the Cable (excluding ESPN) and Broadcast Division of the Walt Disney Company, as well as management of budgets for certain centralized overhead teams. The manager will support and assist in the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan, Long Range Plan and Forecasts for DATG. The individual must be comfortable working directly with various groups across DATG as well as senior management. Position requires excellent systems, communication and time management skills, as well as an acute attention to detail.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Support the preparation of all DATG executive forecast reporting packages, which include financial reporting and variance analyses
• Manage the forecast process through the creation of timelines, management of communications and crafting deliverable requirements necessary to support the successful completion of key DATG projects (e.g., Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Strategic Plan, bi-quarterly forecasts)
• Own budgeting and planning for certain centralized overhead departments, including teaming with executives on their annual plan and forecasts
• Manage, train and develop one rotational analyst and one senior financial analyst
• Serve as a reporting superuser for DATG's COGNOS/TM1 system
• Develop and maintain financial planning models
• Support the preparation of presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
• Advanced financial modeling skills and analytical skills.
• Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP and BW. Experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus.
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
• Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
• B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
• MBA or CPA preferred
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global television entertainment and news properties, and owned television stations group. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform Channel, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interests in A&E Television Networks and Hulu round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability