Manager - Finance & Strategy
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Manager, Finance & Planning will work closely with the Director of Finance & Planning to provide programming and strategic analyses to support executive decisions. The manager will also assist the director and vice president of the group to develop long range strategic plans for the Entertainment group. In addition, the Manager will support the finance team with financial forecasts and operating plans. The individual must be an excellent communicator, comfortable presenting to senior executives and stakeholders across the Walt Disney Company. The candidate will support special projects on an ad-hoc basis.
• Perform programming analysis for Greenlights and renewals
• Develop and maintain financial planning models
• Create, monitor, and maintain detailed series economics on a show-level basis
• Prepare forecasts, Annual Operating Plans and 5 Year Plans for ABC Entertainment Group
• Support the preparation of presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
• Partner with key stakeholders in the business unit & finance to drive operational efficiencies
• Manage and develop one senior financial analyst
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
• Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Advanced financial modeling skills
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving
• Manage complex projects with minimal direction
• Ability to lead and develop a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Previous work experience in media is a plus.
• Experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus.
• B.S. degree in Finance or Business related field.
• MBA strongly preferred.
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability