Manager - Employee Relations
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager - Employee Relations (Project Hire)
Disney ABC Television Group is searching for a Manager, Employee Relations in Human Resources.
This position will report to the Director, Employee Relations for Disney ABC Television Group.
Under the direction of the Director, Employee Relations, the incumbent is responsible for managing the employee relations activities according to established guidelines and Human Resource practices.
• Support the development of this function for our DATG HR team. Assist in the creation of tools and processes for providing clients and business partners with ER support, including conducting investigations, coaching, interpreting policies and practices, and assisting in the development of performance management goals.
• Consultant with management, employees from all levels of the organization, HR Business Partners and Legal to deliver seamless support.
• Based on direction from the HR Business Partners (HRBP), lead the development of tactical plans and supporting HR activities for assigned cases, and provide recommendations for solutions.
• Develop consistency in practices and processes for ER issues including investigative matters.
• Lead compliance investigations & performance management processes.
• Respond and advise in cases of workplace violence, EOC, fit for duty, etc.
• Manage Employee Relations, Policy Development & Interpretation.
• Work closely with managers to develop investigation plans. Interview appropriate witness(es).
• Make recommendations to resolve issues. Consult with HRBP to discuss solutions and work with Legal when appropriate. Prepare appropriate documentation.
• Assist with responses to ''agency'' requests and charges
• Partner with Security, Management Audit (MA), HRBPs and Legal to enhance our research & review processes
• Assist in creating a tracking system for ER cases
• Respond to Management Audit inquiries.
• Create education for managers/leaders as well as continued education to HRBPs.
• Build on existing metrics and expand reporting to provide data for decision making and prevention. Track effectiveness of solutions with quarterly follow up meeting with client and/or manager.
• The successful candidate will be proactive and will have outstanding listening skills, proven consultative skills, and the ability to handle information with sensitivity and confidentiality.
• Minimum of 6 years Human Resources experience, and/or 5 years in Employee Relations required
• Bachelor's degree required.
• JD preferred
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability