Manager - Category Business Partnerships
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Category Business Partnerships (CBP) team will be providing information and insights to Sales leadership to understand and anticipate the needs of C-level partners in strategic categories. Category Business Partnerships, Disney ABC Sales & Marketing, will be an indispensable strategic partner to the Advertising Sales organization.
The Manager's main responsibility is to assist in gathering and synthesizing data, industry reports, and category-specific information into insightful, coherent, and evolving materials for use by senior Sales leadership. S/he will be using and leveraging D-ABC and company-wide syndicated and proprietary research, as well as publicly available sources, to enhance the understanding of current and future drivers within product and service categories of importance to D-ABC.
This role will report to the Senior Manager, CBP who will mentor the Manager in educating and driving D-ABC philosophy of the category approach to selling.
Ideally the Manager candidate has at least some experience in both identifying and solving for challenging issues in various business categories, marketing, and media today. In addition, having at least some understanding of consumers' evolving media and purchasing behaviors, industry measurement solutions, changes in the competitive landscape and the increased focus on data driven solutions and audience-based buying is ideal.
Given the rapid changes in the media marketplace, this role will be central to helping the team enhance and broaden the D-ABC value proposition to advertisers and agencies. The ability to communicate well, think strategically, work in fluid environment, and-most importantly-deliver results will define success.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of reports for various business categories imperative to DABC sales to help drive revenue and identify opportunity areas.
• Take direction/mentorship from a Senior Manager to help facilitate the team's ability to identify and develop new ways to engage with DABC clients by delivering thought-leadership and strategic insights about marketing investment and ROI, specifically as it pertains to client's business and category.
• With the team, identify strategies to expand, enhance and differentiate DABC's cross-platform advertising and marketing value proposition relative to traditional competitors like NBCU, FOX and CBS and increasingly, versus new competitors like Google, Facebook, Twitter and Amazon.
• Assist in the delivery of category-level insights and ideas back to team through constituent analysis and interpretation.
• Maintain proficiency in managing day-to-day workflow and multiple projects and deadlines.
• Keep abreast of industry and client trends and business needs
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in advertising, media, sales and/or marketing resulting in knowledge of how both traditional/TV, digital media and social is bought and sold, including fluency in media research and ad/marketing technology. Specifically, the ideal candidate will have had roles such as:
• Agency or client marketer media planning/buying
• Sales development and marketing role at a major media company
• Experience with research/data analysis
• Prior experience synthesizing large amounts of data into streamlined reports/presentations
• Consulting experience or MBA student a plus.
• Ability to assist in the curation/articulating findings into compelling stories for top-to-top meetings and for internal briefings
• Problem solver with the ability to collaborate and work across functions
• Self-starter with ability to multi-task
• Strong, confident presentation skills
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity