Manager - Broadcast Standards & Practices
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented, hard-working executive to join ABC's Broadcast Standards and Practices Department in Burbank.
• Work with ABC's Unscripted Programming Team on all stages of alternative series projects including concept review, risk management assessments, contestant vetting, production issues, review and application of contest rules, and screening of program cuts.
• Review and issue detailed notes on scripts and cuts for dramas, comedies, and promotional materials and interact with production executives, and ABC's creative, sales, legal, corporate responsibility and public relations departments.
• Work on location/set (including occasional travel) as needed and to successfully operate a broadcast delay mechanism for live programming.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a role that demonstrates attention to detail and interaction with multiple stakeholders
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be a self-starter with critical thinking skills and able to work a flexible schedule in accordance with production needs
• Experience in broadcast standards and practices and/or production experience is highly preferred
• Passion for television and the process associated with putting television on air
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• Master's degree and/or Law degree is helpful but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity