Disney ABC Television GroupSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION: Executive PRODUCER DATE POSTED: June 26, 2017
KGO-TV/ABC7 News, the ABC Owned Television station in San Francisco has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer to join the ABC7 News team. We are seeking an experienced Manager with superior news judgment and dynamic news producing experience. The Executive Producer manages daily newscasts and content in conjunction with other news managers. The ideal candidate must have a keen understanding of multi-platform strategy and have a track record of breaking news success stories. This person will excel by executing big-picture goals while focusing on the details with daily content coverage. We are looking for a proven leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
College degree and five years previous management experience in top 20 markets preferred.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Supervise Newscast Producers and Writers
• Provide consistent feedback to Producers and Writers by setting goals and tracking progress
• Inspire Producers in the development of compelling newscast production and story-telling.
• Contribute strategic content ideas in editorial meetings
• Collaborate with Assignment Editors and Digital Producers on multi-platform breaking news coverage
• Work with the Audience Development team on newscast promotion across all platforms.
• Copy edit scripts
• Manage Producer, Writer and Assignment Editor Schedules
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled.
TO APPLY: Please log onto www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID# 469918BR (Executive PRODUCER); create a candidate profile, and upload your resume and cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED
ABC7 is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.