Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
To direct and implement effective marketing strategies from development, broadcast, international roll out for all ABCS TV content across North America with a specific requirement to build the Studio brand and its visibility through the creation of creative, high profile and targeted initiatives to support ABCS development team, producers, North American sales directors, partners and broadcasters across the US and Canada. Reporting to the VP Marketing, this role will suit an experienced, creative and strategic marketing and publicity executive with a significant track record in building program brands while working with high level content executives at both studio and broadcaster level. The role will require significant creative agility, exemplary communication skills with the ability to innovate and build a new and successful role as part of the ABCS and International teams. In depth knowledge of US broadcast landscape and key contacts across network, digital and emerging content platforms essential. Previous experience of TV studio program marketing, international distribution or channel marketing preferred.
The role will work with internal stakeholders, external agencies, our internal production entities, 3rd party producers, broadcast partners and the ABCS sales teams. The role will establish a collaborative relationship with effective communication and sharing of ideas across marketing and publicity teams in US Canada and EMEA plus all relevant stakeholders. Implementing the in-house marketing strategy function based in Burbank.
• Direct and oversee marketing and publicity strategies to be agreed by VP Marketing to support ABCS shows from script to screen including creation of pitch decks, creds documents and innovative creative solutions to support top tier shows to help secure pre-sales & co-pro partnerships
• Brand planning, including involvement in the strategic direction of EPK production, photo-shoots gallery, and digital content development and production.
• Work closely with International Marketing team on global roll out of programming from industry launch to second-window sales
• Design and deliver strategies to support consumer marketing and television premiere where necessary.
• Create marketing and publicity ideas to communicate success and build brand awareness
• Develop strategies to ensure effective forward planning with broadcasters and commissioners to create, share and maximise promotional opportunities.
• Direct territory specific initiatives and campaigns to maximize sales opportunities in US, Canada and International.
• Work closely with US based research team to commission and develop research and insight initiatives to support US strategy, brand building and key shows
• Work closely with events and PR teams to lead premiere events and media launches
• Oversee social media strategy, including dovetailing into network / distributor first window approaches and efforts, to build both company and key show critical acclaim
• Work with acquisitions to produce materials to support key shows, markets and festivals
• Implement new systems where necessary to create effective e-marketing and digital campaigns.
• Direct and implement new innovations to help advance and position ABCS brand
• Implement strategic direction and all activity for key show launches at North American markets and festivals
• Stay connected with publicity teams and PR agencies to ensure alignment with marketing goals and company strategy and business objectives
• Work with Domestic and International development teams on key content strategies and promotion
• Work closely and effectively with producers and broadcast partners to ensure creative assets created drive sales and value.
• Help develop and design launch strategy documents for each show, share all relevant materials and marketing campaigns developed by broadcast partners in a timely manner
• Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• Maintain relationships with producers and when needed attend regular meetings and updates with broadcast partners.
• Implement advertising plans for both print and digital campaigns
• Support the creation of materials for internal company events and external conferences and client presentations
• Work with Events manager on devising, creating and implementing high quality, impactful events
• Ensure comprehensive feedback on all aspects of activity across lifecycle of campaigns and shows
• Consistently demonstrate innovation, integrity and professionalism
• Solve problems proactively
• Previous experience in programme marketing gained in major studio or independent with at least 6 years' experience in a management position including team leadership.
• Ability to manage projects from development through to completion
• Must have a proven track record in creating and managing innovative and creative B2b marketing campaigns to drive viewer engagement and programme sales. This will include briefing and directing creative agencies in producing print, online, and promo materials.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Ability to write and create and deliver high level presentations
• Experience in developing and implementing digital marketing campaigns
• Knowledge and experience of integrating social media into b2b marketing initiatives
• Strong leadership and proven project management skills
• Effective Influencing skills and at the highest level and exceptional communicator displaying exemplary written and verbal skills
• Self-starter with a creative and energetic approach
• Proactive, positive personality
• Collaborative attitude
• Naturally works at a fast pace
• Committed team player and collegiate approach
• High energy level, and personal robustness
• Creative and confident with the ability to address a wide range of tasks
• Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget
• Great communication skills
• Strategic and innovative approach with proven skills in both areas
• Strong creative outlook
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity