Director - Datg Research Operations
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Research Operations plays a critical role in assuring proper crediting and measurement of our video assets in syndicated services like Nielsen and comScore. This role requires project management and leadership skills, a keen knowledge of Nielsen broadcast guidelines, ratings data and systems, and a strong familiarity with the operational infrastructure of a broadcast network including Broadcast Operations & Engineering, Affiliate Relations, and Information Systems.
This individual must possess the ability to support and work effectively with multiple levels of management across different business areas. Must be able to quickly resolve conflicting information and effectively communicate complex measurement issues and options – often under tight deadlines.
The Director must constantly be evaluating how to support current measurement while planning for the future through good communication with vendors like Nielsen and comScore and internal stakeholders including Sales, Engineering, Affiliate Relations, IT, ESPN, etc.
*Please note that this position requires a willingness to work an earlier shift, which would start at 5:00am EST.
• Develop long-range plans for integrating and harmonizing program lineup and feed data
• Work collaboratively with vendors (e.g. Nielsen and comScore) to develop tools and make enhancements that streamline and improve measurement through direct links and/or APIs.
• Streamline and automate internal processes to reduce handling of data and ensure greater consistency
• Develop strong relationships with key personnel in Affiliate Relations, Sales, BO&E, IT and other affiliates (Freeform, DC, ESPN) to ensure measurement is considered in any new or changing process or automation. Initiate regular meetings with stakeholders to discuss and evaluate current and future needs.
• Develop and maintain a disaster recovery plan to ensure that Research Operations continues to perform in the case of a catastrophic event
• Provide dayparts with counsel about measurement options for routine (Holiday coding options) or unusual events (e.g. breaking news, special reports, outages, etc.)
• Maintain consistent communication with daypart/network leads to ensure proper naming and crediting of programs
• Oversee the day-to-day operations workflow, managing multiple projects and deadlines, ensuring timely delivery of ratings data
• A minimum of 5 years' of experience in a related field
• Strong knowledge of Nielsen systems
• Keenly aware of Nielsen program guidelines
• Understanding of BO&E processes and systems
• Ability to develop good working relationships with people in many functional areas
• Strong analytical skills
• Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and answering challenging questions, while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize, manage projects, multi-task, work with multiple teams on a variety of projects simultaneously, and deliver under tight daily deadlines
• Demonstrate leadership through influence
• Resourceful; flexible; proactive in approach, looks for solutions and information in creative ways; willing to pitch in wherever needed
• Experience project managing and working across teams to achieve results
• Must be willing and able to work an earlier shift, which would start at 5:00am EST
• A minimum of 7 years' of Research Operations experience at a broadcast network or syndication company
• Knowledge of Nielsen's names collection tool, myEVNTs
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• BS or advanced degree in project management, logistics or information systems
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity