Director, Creative Services
Disney ABC Television GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a creative, talented and experienced Director of Creative Services to join the ABC Entertainment Marketing design team. The role is unique, as will be the right candidate. Reporting into the VP of Brand & Design, the position's responsibilities are split into two main areas. One will be helping oversee the development of key art for all network shows and specials from concept to final execution. The second will be overseeing an in-house Creative Services team that supports the needs of various internal groups within ABC, and even across the Disney enterprise. The optimal candidate will have strong creative/design abilities, while also exhibiting superior project management and organizational skills.
• Manage the development of key art for all network shows and specials including building and organizing key art presentations for upper management
• Oversee relationships with outside creative agencies, providing art direction and revisions on comp explorations, reviewing proofs and approving mechanicals.
• Oversee production calendars for all creative projects, flagging potential issues and ensuring team is able to meet various deadlines
• Manage the fulfillment of all print and outdoor/transit media buys
• Collaborate with on-air design and digital/social teams on artwork to ensure artwork is optimized for their needs
• Direct the operations of an in-house creative services team that is responsible for building various creative assets (ads, evites, event signage, EST/SVOD graphics, premium graphics, synergy OOH placements) for internal departments including the Affiliate Marketing, Affiliates Sales & Marketing, Publicity, Franchise Management, Digital Sales and Events teams
• Monitor creative budgets and sign off all on vendor invoices
• Supervise the organization and distribution of all show and network creative assets with internal and external partners
• Manage a full-time Senior Designer and Manager of Creative Services
• Minimum 8 years of experience in the entertainment Industry, advertising agency or related industry.
• Minimum 5 years in a management role
• Print production experience and knowledge of 4 color process
• Strong MAC computer skills, including thorough understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign); Apple Keynote experience strongly preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Great presentation skills
• Strong decision making skills
• Original thinker with strong design sense
• Possess a sharp eye and pay close attention to detail
• Must be able to multi-task, delegate and prioritize work in a fast-paced, high volume work environment.
• Graceful under pressure
• Must have passion for television and the entertainment industry
• Positive, collaborative, can-do attitude and approach to working with others
• BA/BS degree; Degree in Graphic Design or Marketing preferable or comparable portfolio and experience.
• Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity