Digital Executive Producer
Disney ABC Television GroupDurham, NC
Full Time Job
ABC11 WTVD-TV - the Disney-owned television station in Raleigh/Durham - is looking for an Executive Producer to lead and inspire the next phase of our digital transformation.
Are you an excellent writer who can coach others? Do you know how to grow digital audiences with new and innovative ideas? Do you have expertise in broadcast news, web publishing, and social media? If so, we want to hear from you.
• Thrives on taking a lead role in editorial meetings
• Be an effective champion for digital media initiatives
• Multi-tasker with demonstrated leadership and skills in managing resources
• Excellent communicator, motivator, delegator, and able to foster teamwork and collaboration
• Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize daily
• Remind staff continually about best practices and encourage both casual and formal training.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
• Managing the look and feel of station's digital brand across desktop and mobile platforms with compelling content (text/photos/video)
• Dominating breaking news with speed and accuracy, owning the big story, and growing new opportunities in our multi-media environment
• Coordinating the efforts of the station's digital team with TV reporters and other content creators to grow the station's online footprint by producing material that's both unique and complimentary to the television product
• Creating powerful social media campaigns to maximize page likes and interactions
• Monitor analytics in real time to access the effectiveness of content presentation and best practices (what's working, what isn't, why, and how to do it better)
• Working with reporters and anchors on enterprising stories
• Coaching reporters on finding unique elements to differentiate their content depending on platform.
• Giving timely feedback to reporters and anchors on their content
• Working with news management and IT to develop better workflow strategies
• Using SEO (search engine optimization) to increase page views and unique visitors through Google, etc.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• College degree preferred along with five years' experience in TV news management. Prefer background that includes editor of a news web site
• Must understand basic journalism legal principles
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Working knowledge of online content-management systems required
• Proficient with basic HTML and Wordpress shortcodes - some knowledge of Java useful
• Experience with FTP programs
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Dreamweaver
• Nonlinear editing experience
• Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Social Media, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Snapchat
• AP style
• Experience with analytics for both social media and websites
• This position is with ABC Holding Company Inc. (WTVD-TV) REQ ID 502092BR.
Equal Opportunity Employer –Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.