Deputy Digital Editor - Social
Disney ABC Television GroupWashington, DC
Full Time Job
ABC NEWS WASHINGTON is hiring a Deputy Digital Editor – Social in the Washington bureau.
The Deputy Digital Editor/Social, who reports to the Washington Digital Editor and works extremely closely with the Social Media Team in New York, is responsible for helping guide the voice of ABC News' Washington Bureau on social media by assisting in managing the news division's flagship political accounts. He/she must have a strong knowledge of policy, politics and DC based beats and want to be on the forefront of the convergence of old and new media. The person in this role is also responsible for working with the Washington Digital Editor to develop and implement a strategy to ensure our Washington Bureau journalists are maximizing their social media presence and ensuring that ABC News is well positioned to own the social conversation around breaking news of day, policy debates and elections. The ideal candidate will be able to combine extensive social media brand experience with editorial excellence and sound news judgment and also be able to manage and execute content creation. They will also be tasked with monitoring and analyzing trends and data, occasionally writing articles for ABCNews.com, and assisting all platforms with social needs and requests. This role would also ensure adherence to best practices guidance for Bureau staff when reporting information on social media. Candidates must be able to work in a high-pressure environment, showing leadership, organization, and results. Candidates must have at least three years of experience with a major news organization and be willing to work a flexible schedule, including some weekend work.
• Three Years' Work Experience: at least one year preferably at major news organization with a focus on politics
• Experience with a major news organization
• Managing high-profile brand social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Deep Passion for news/politics and social media is a MUST
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Familiarity with web analytics tools and concepts
• Adherence to the highest standards of journalism
• Working with anchors and correspondents on their social presence
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience -
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity