Deputy Digital Editor - News
Disney ABC Television GroupWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Deputy Digital Editor – News (Washington, DC)
ABC NEWS WASHINGTON is hiring a Deputy Digital Editor – News in the Washington Bureau.
The Deputy Digital Editor – News, who reports to the Washington Digital Editor and works closely with the digital news team in New York, is responsible for helping ensure only the highest quality material from ABC News' Washington Bureau makes it onto the ABC News' digital platforms. The ideal candidate is someone who has a deep background in and knowledge of politics and covering D.C. based beats. This role supports the Washington Digital Editor in helping ensure that ABC News is well positioned to own the news cycle on breaking news of day, policy debates and elections. This person is also responsible for helping implement and support the broader digital strategy that ensures the network is fully utilizing the deep well of talent and reporting from the Washington bureau. The ideal candidate will be able to combine extensive digital reporting and line editing experience with editorial excellence and sound news judgment, while also able to manage and execute content creation. The Deputy Digital Editor will be expected to report and write on a daily basis, fill in for the Washington Editor in meetings when required, and assist all platforms with digital content when asked.
Candidates must be able to work in a high-pressure environment, showing leadership, organization, and results. Candidates must have at least five years' experience with a major news organization and should expect to work primarily afternoons and evenings, including some weekend work.
• Five Years' Work Experience: at least one year preferably at major news organization with a focus on politics
• Experience with a major news organization
• Deep Passion for news/politics and social media is a MUST
• Familiarity with AP style, web production, web analytics tools and concepts
• Working as part of a team to edit high-profile news stories on deadline
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Adherence to the highest standards of journalism
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity