Coordinator, Editing Operations
Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC News Program Operations is hiring a Coordinator- Editing Operations
ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network's news programming, including ''World News Tonight with David Muir,'' ''Nightline,'' ''Good Morning America,'' ''20/20,'' ''This Week with George Stephanopoulos,'' ABC News Radio, ABCNews.com, and satellite service NewsOne. An award-winning team provides the latest information and analysis of major events to bring viewers a big-picture understanding of the world. News blends the Network's global news-gathering operation and unrivaled lineup of trusted anchors and reporters with the digital media company's vast distribution and cutting-edge technology to reach up to 100 million people in the U.S. each month on PCs, mobile devices and tablets.
Working with production, this position assists with the daily ingest, editing, delivery and media management needs of all ABC News broadcasts. This position will work with News Editing Operations Managers in coordinating support across all programs and platforms, including Lincoln Square Productions.
Candidate will work with a staff of Digital Operations Managers to implement new workflows to handle various field acquisitions, file deliveries and mixed format editing. Candidate will work with managers in preparing deliverables for cable partners, on demand video, and international deliverables as well as maintaining DMAC archive procedures. Coordinator will assist with the specialized needs of various Production personnel with both operational and Avid issues, including our extended partners at Lincoln Square Productions.
Coordinator assists with the scheduling of manpower and facilities in the DMC per the scheduling plan laid out by the managers. The position also assists with the media management on all News edit servers (including, but not restricted to Lincoln Square Productions) under the supervision of the Editing Operations Managers.
• Editor and room scheduling for 24/7 News post production facility
• Troubleshoot files and format irregularities
• Technical and operational support for Avid systems
• Media Management of multiple servers
• Find, test new technologies & create workflows
• Use of web tools to monitor, publish and distribute video content
• Metadata management
• Breaking news support
• Quality assurance of video content across all platforms
• Minimum 2 years of experience in media ingest, transcoding, assistant editing, editing
• Avid Media Composer proficiency
• Experience with Adobe products, Vantage, SATAI, Marquis Technologies, & current camera technology required.
• Experience working in a newsroom, or interest in journalism and current events
• Must be able to work independently and think critically in a high-stress environment
• Strong communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity