Associate - Strategy
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We seek to recruit a highly qualified Associate to support the formulation and execution of Disney Media Networks' growth and profitability strategy.
The role requires superior quantitative and qualitative research, financial analysis, project management and business development skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills are also very important, as the individual must possess the ability to support and work with senior executives throughout the company as well as with potential external partner companies.
The Associate will be a highly valued member of the Strategy team, working closely with the entire Strategy team and other division executives on various strategic and operational initiatives that promote long-term vision and maximize value across the organization. The Associate will play a key role in strategic analyses and planning, the identification and assessment of new growth initiatives, as well as the evaluation of M&A opportunities for the media division of The Walt Disney Company. This individual will be expected to:
• Provide key analytic and research support in the company's continuing reassessment of its growth, investment, product offering, advertising sales and distribution strategies.
• Work effectively with executives and team members throughout Disney Media Networks as well as in other areas of The Walt Disney Company.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in strategy and financial analysis as well as project management. The position is based in Burbank, CA and supports members of the strategy team in Burbank and New York. The Strategy team works across Disney Media Networks and specifically Disney ABC, working closely with Ben Sherwood and his leadership team on issues of key strategic importance.
• Superior analytic abilities, including advanced modeling skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Developed range of consulting skills from research to the development of strategic recommendations
• Self-starter with the curiosity, creativity and resourcefulness to search out and synthesize information from multiple sources
• Strength in creating visually compelling presentations, including communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a variety of business partners
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong interest in the entertainment and media industry
• Some familiarity/experience with traditional and digital media businesses is a plus
• High level of proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel (required)
• Willing to pitch in wherever needed
• Proven strong academic track record
• Minimum of three years of prior experience in a related field (management consulting firm, investment bank or strategic planning department)
• Experience in research, marketplace assessments and business plan development, as well as financial modeling
• MBA from a leading university
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, Radio Disney, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer- Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability