Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC NewsOne is hiring an Associate Producer (A.P.) who works with a team of news and entertainment content creators. S/he is responsible for generating story ideas and managing audio/video content for distribution to both broadcast and digital partners.
• Produces and edits correspondent news packages on weekends and, possibly, during the week.
• Researches and gathers editorial and video information and provides to correspondent or news writer.
• Primary support for NewsOne Manager on the Editorial Desk, creating and updating story lineup, generating slugs, story descriptions and inputting latest editorial information. Assist manager in overall news coverage, including making sure news packages reach stations servers in time for their newscasts, notifying ABC affiliates, clients and internal platforms of latest ABC News editorial and NewsOne coverage plans, reading and approving vo/sot scripts and other duties as assigned.
• Shoots and field produces specific assignments including correspondent stand-ups often under adverse conditions and includes long hours.
• Works collaboratively with correspondents and news writers, keeping them updated on the latest editorial information and available video material.
• Provides excellent content and customer service to ABC's affiliates, clients and internal platforms
• Check work of Production Associates for quality control under supervision of manager.
• Routinely offers original story pitches, particularly during Sweeps periods.
• At least 3 years producing Network News Pieces.
• Previous Assignment Desk Experience.
• Must be able to work independently and think critically in a high-stress environment, while under deadline pressure.
• Must be proficient Avid Newscutter.
• Knowledge operating TVU and file transfer protocols for live and breaking news coverage.
• Must be able complete a network-quality package within 45 minutes to 1 hour and is responsible for updating the package for later time zones, when news warrants.
• Must have an understanding of rights and clearances – using only properly licensed or cleared material, or approved ''fair uses'' of 3rd party content, which are determined by ABC News Legal.
• Knowledge of newsroom wire systems such as I-News or ENPS.
• Other duties as requested.
Prior experience working in a dynamic broadcast or digital company preferred.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity