Agile Product Manager
Disney ABC Television GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Take a hands-on approach to owning all aspects of Product Management:
• Work with software engineering leads, technical product owners, and business teams to establish product visions, roadmaps, and execution strategy
• Collaborate with Product Design to drive and validate UX requirements, craft web design, and gain early user adoption through rapid-prototyping
• Collaborate closely with technical product owners to populate, groom, and prioritize the product backlog
• Collaborate with the team to understand the implementation details involved in each story
• Conduct story workshops as part of project initiation to assist the product teams in populating a full product backloqs
Take a hands-on approach to owning all aspects of Project Management:
• Maintain published project delivery schedules, budgets for the software development portion of the project in cooperation with project managers
• Passionately lead projects utilizing Agile (Scrum) software development methodologies
• Champion and drive delivery through the Five Levels of Agile Planning: Vision, Roadmap, Release Plan, Sprint Plan, Day Plan
• Conduct and increase the value of all Scrum meetings including the daily Scrum with multiple Agile product teams
• Ensure that the team work flow is sustainable by ensuring the work is balanced and progressing, while eliminating roadblocks and ensuring delivery
Take a hands-on approach to driving all aspects of Technical Delivery:
• Deliver high quality software solutions that meet all functional and non-functional requirements
• Facilitate cross-functional collaboration across Engineering, UI, and Product/UX leads
• Promote and ensure adherence to coding, unit testing, test automation, and Continuous Delivery best practices
• Willingness and ability to handle requests outside of your core responsibilities up to and including software engineering tasks; code reviews, writing code on occasion, etc.
• Work collaboratively with other teams; QA, UX, EA, Client Engagement, InfoSec, etc. to align work for the team as per the schedule
Regularly present, communicate, and evangelize all aspects of the product/project to stakeholders at all levels: C Level and project team members alike.
• Have 3-5 years of experience in web application development or software engineering in a large enterprise environment using Java, including familiarity with modern frameworks (e.g., Spring, Hibernate) and data stores (RDBMS, NoSQL, MongoDB, etc)
• Hold a current ScrumMaster certification or recognition of your Agile project experience
• Have 1-2 years (or more) of experience leading Agile projects in a fast-paced environment
• Care about your software development craft and have opinions about the ''right'' way to do things with technology and the process of doing it
• Previous work experience in media production, broadcast and/or distribution
• Experience working with vendor teams to deliver high quality results
• Strong curiosity about how Disney delivers the Magic and a desire to be a part of it
• Hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Management or related technical discipline is highly desirable
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.