Disney ABC Television GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ABC Broadcasting Operations is looking for two(2) Acquisition Managers to join our team. These roles are critical to preparing and quality checking all of our Daytime and Primetime Programming. Individuals in the role will work closely with multiple teams across ABC News including Air Operations, Sales, and Broadcast Standards and Practices.
• Utilize Media Pulse to assist in the planning and processing of all long form content that will air on the Network
• Schedule and coordinate qc and clear time sessions
• Ensure that all secondary events (promotional graphics, disclosure credits, etc.) are accounted for
• Notify Network Release and Cloud personnel when shows are finalized and ready for air, including any pertinent notes
• Create time sensitive metadata for dynamic ad insertion available for Video on Demand
• Anticipate, troubleshoot, report and follow through on any content issues (including graphic and content discrepancies, BS&P, branding, format and timing issues)
• Claim recorded episodes of The View, The Chew and certain News programs and Specials that are uploaded through Media Monorail
• Create the weekly Media Prep chart that is used by various business partners in confirming show status and availability
• Coordinate with the LA Content Prep Managers and Daytime staff when long form content will be processed through BPM for claiming purposes or delivered into Mediator
• Weekly purge and archive of New York claimed shows and Sports programming in Mediator and clean up any coinciding BPM tasks
• Provide a list of shows to be held in legacy servers, including all Network Standby shows
• Pull archived shows from Jellyroll that will be scheduled to repeat and pull the corresponding information from the Content Prep archive systems
• Must be comfortable in a studio setting, airing and manipulating running playlists for high profile live events, such a College Football, Dancing with the Stars and The Oscars.
• Coordinate and oversee the acquisition, preparation and quality check of all Daytime and Primetime programming, commercial, promotional, billboard, credits and interstitial elements for air on the ABC Television Network.
• Work in conjunction with ABC & ESPN Sales, Broadcast Standards and Practices, Media Strategy & Planning, Entertainment Marketing, News and Network Release Air Operations to ensure a quality broadcast product for the viewers.
• Minimum three(3) years of experience working in broadcast or network operations, broadcast engineering, or similar fields
• Must be willing to work flexible schedule
• Five(5) or more years of experience working in broadcast or network operations, broadcast engineering, or similar fields
• One(1) or more years professional experience working with Harris, Grass Valley or other automated playout systems
• Knowledge of programming formats
BA or BS from a four year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity