Sr. Manager Corporate FP&A
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
Financial role within Discovery Communications Corporate (Corp). Reporting to the VP, Corp FP&A, the Sr. Manager will help drive division profitability by managing and leading the core FP&A processes for the division. The Sr. Manager, Corp FP&A, is the Finance liaison for all work relating to consolidating the DCI budgets, forecasts, reporting & analysis from each of the divisions and supporting the Corporate segment, as well as Facilities & Real Estate (FRES).
The Sr. Manager will focus on working with each of the divisions (USN, DNI, EDUC, etc.) to improve consolidation the DCI budgets, forecasts, reporting & analysis. In addition, the position will work closely with each of the Corporate department heads and will be responsible for the monthly financial reporting & analysis, along with preparing the annual business plan. The Sr. Manager will also develop tools to improve decision making, business planning and cost management to maximize shareholder value. This position has one direct report.
1. Manage the DCI consolidation process for the annual budget, monthly forecasting, and monthly reporting & analysis
a. Consolidate information from each of the divisions and conduct analysis
b. Prepare schedules for the Finance and Executive leadership team
2. Review and critique divisional submissions to understand variances to prior year, prior forecast and plan.
3. Advise and drive developments in systems (e.g. EPM/BPC) to provide more accurate and timely forecasting
4. Manage the consolidated monthly and quarterly reporting package requirements (Monthly Forecast Pack, Fact Book, Corporate FP&A Dashboard)
5. Conduct headcount analysis on an as needed basis, coordinating the process with Discovery’s divisions
6. Support accounting month end process and review with sense checks
7. Work with divisional FP&A teams to develop tools to improve reporting and analytics for revenue and key expense items
8. Continuously improve reporting capabilities and work with divisional teams to streamline / reduce redundancies
9. Provide ad hoc support to the Finance leadership team
Corporate / FRES
1. Manage annual budget, long range planning and monthly forecast processes for Corporate (business support functions including HR, Legal, Finance, etc.) and FRES groups: build, advise, critique, present and finalize
a. Provide analytical support for the reporting/forecast process
b. Assist with developing and reviewing expense allocations to the company’s other divisions
c. Identify process improvements
d. Develop analytical framework to test and critique budget/forecast submissions
e. Identify key metrics, drivers of spend, and develop strategic views on ways to improve operating results
f. Identify risks & opportunities by understanding the trends and analyzing variances in the reporting
g. Prepare presentations of forecasts and budget to senior management
2. Support Accounting during month-end close process to understand variances and review variances
3. Provide ad hoc analysis support to budget managers, creating and driving analysis leading to business improvements and cost savings
4. Establish FP&A team as a true partner to the business
5. Continue to improve upon reporting and analytics processes
* 7 years of progressive financial management experience.
* Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
* MBA strongly desired.
* Proven leadership success in dynamic fast paced environment with multiple constituents.
* Media experience preferred.
* Experience in transactional environment.
* Possess superior communication and customer service skills.
* Strong work ethic with high integrity.
* Consensus and team builder.
* Results oriented leader.
* Must have legal right to work in United States.