Sr Art Director
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, VA
Full Time Job
Imagine coming up with terrific, award-winning work, selling it, producing it and having it seen by millions of people. Time and time again. That’s what happens when you work here. We’re Discovery Communications’ in-house ad agency. It’s a world of uncompromising creativity and an almost sacrificial commitment to breakthrough work. The biggest difference between where you work and here? Our work actually gets made.
As if that’s not enough we’re in Washington, D.C., our nation’s best kept secret. You can’t walk ten yards in this town without running into some cool bar or delicious restaurant. They’re everywhere. Packed with smart, sophisticated, interesting people. All just dying to meet you. (OK, we made up that last part. But the natives are friendly here and a great social life is guaranteed.) One last thing: D.C. is not NYC. It’s much more affordable. It’s lively. Think NY Lite.
Come and create in a better place.
1. Ideal candidate will be able to interpret creative briefs and concept media agnostic advertising campaigns, web experiences and individual tactics.
2. A problem solver with strong bias for action. They should be able to work under pressure, turning around projects quickly and without errors, creating work in digital, social, broadcast, and print.
3. They will be collaborating with writers, designers, producers, web developers, motion designers, photographers, directors, and marketing professionals to deliver exceptional campaigns and content seen by millions world-wide.
* Bachelor's degree in advertising, design or related field -
* 6 years of advertising / design industry experience?
* Demonstrates big, campaign thinking that translates into any medium?
* Possess basic video editing skills, and basic HTML 5 -
* Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast- paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
* Exceptional design aesthetic, solid typography skills and awareness of design trends and innovation
* Samples of work that demonstrate your design thinking, process, and solutions
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Mac literacy is required
* Ability to present ideas clearly and thoughtfully
* Working knowledge of latest technologies and trend
* Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use within marketing
* Self-starter who is a detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player
* Passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment?
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Must have the legal right to work in the US