Program Manager - TVE / GO Business Ops
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Program Manager will be a key contributor to the Business Operations team, responsible for the delivery of existing digital programming and marketing campaigns for the TVE / GO business. This role will provide the TVE/GO team with strategic, analytical, development, product and project management expertise on complex work-stream projects.
This role will lead projects with a high degree of collaboration in a heavily matrixed and geographically diverse organization. The role requires strong project management and problem-solving skills, as well as strong analytical, communication, and cross-cultural management experience.
1. Create, maintain and execute against targeted Playbooks for programming campaigns across multiple networks
2. Provide direction
3. Manage the day to day coordination for entertainment marketing campaigns and launches across programming, editorial and marketing
4. Run daily /weekly standups and manage an iterative product development process with team leads as needed
5. Own all project reporting including status and risks and issues (with input from local offices).
6. Ensure each team in the delivery lifecycle has assets to hand and deliver according to your plan.
7. Prepare and present project status updates as required, including to executive stakeholders
8. Agree and introduce new processes as required to ensure timely delivery.
9. Be attentive to detail and possess a high-degree of follow-through.
10. Proven understanding of all key disciplines required as part of a project delivery
* At least 5 years of experience working as a Sr. Producer, project or program manager within a digital organization is a plus
* Experience in a project management role delivering high profile, scalable digital products.
* Proven ability to lead and run multiple complex projects/programs from planning, design and development through to production.
* Experienced in delivering projects across multiple leaders.
* Experience in broadcast media or media strongly preferred but not essential.
* Team Oriented, self-starter: ability to work in a team as well as to work and lead efforts independently.
* Fluency in digital and technical terminology, comfortable working with technology and development teams.
* Strong presentation and communication skills; ability to interface with business customers at all levels of the organization.
* Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
* Must have legal write to work in US