Music Clearance Manager
Dick Clark ProductionsSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
dick clark productions, a diverse entertainment company and producer of a wide range of television programming, including awards shows, specials, and reality series, is seeking a highly qualified Music Clearance Manager. This position will be based in Santa Monica.
• Work closely with production to determine which songs are to be performed and used in show/production
• Research song and master recording ownership using online resources including ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, and Harry Fox Agency, among others.
• Prepare quote requests detailing show/production information, song information, proposed use as well as rights for specific production
• Negotiate with rights-holders all aspects of quote request, including term, media and fees
• Regularly manage and maintain the song status grid/database, which includes production/show name, song titles, writer(s) and publisher/label information, etc.
• Notify production of songs that have been approved or denied as well as potential trouble songs and help with problem solving
• Oversee preparation of music cue sheets and review for accuracy and distribute to relevant parties
• Request and/or draft synchronization license agreements for all applicable licensors
• Review license agreements for terms/rights and accuracy and process for signature
• Ensure check requests are submitted for processing and appropriate documentation is on file.
• Co-manage the music coordinator/assistant
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
• The ability to understand agreements and terms pertaining to music clearance/licensing, including but not limited to term, media and territory
• Knowledge of music clearance and music licensing procedures, as well as an understanding of copyright, music publishing and the music industry in general
• 3-5 years experience in music clearance, music publishing/licensing
• Established relationships with music publishers, labels, attorneys, etc.
• High attention to detail, exceptional written/verbal communication skills and diplomacy, and extremely organized
• Strong math skills
• Detail oriented and able to work well while under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines
• Team player with a positive attitude and willing to support others in all areas
• Excellent follow-up skills and ability to multi-task
• Pro-active and able to take direction well
• Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
BA/BS Degree preferred or work experience equivalent
dick clark productions is an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls. No Agencies Please Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online