Sr. Engineer, Application Support
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
About Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema
Our Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema group is hiring outstanding software professionals to join us in developing and delivering next generation digital cinema system based on DCI. Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema is a global leader in the development of end-to-end
distribution technology and support services for the delivery of digital cinema to theaters worldwide. We provide a complete range of capabilities to serve the emerging digital distribution needs for the motion picture industry based on an open standard that
covers all of the stages for taking a movie from a studio master to a theater's digital projection system. This includes compressing, encrypting, and transferring the master onto a deliverable media, delivering the content to the theater – for storage scheduling
and playback, and installation and service of digital cinema playback systems.
We are looking for a Senior Application Support Engineer. We are looking for a hard-working professional to join our team. We value people who are smart, passionate and get things done.
This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Support the applications developed by our Dev teams, being heavily involved operation, deployment and support.
• Participate to all Scrum activity, embedded in the sprint team.
• Set up monitoring, alarm, and any proactive solution to maintain application availability and performance.
• Primary escalation point for support on issues/question around the application.
• Participate in the on-call rotation as a Tier 2/3 escalation resource.
• Provide root cause analysis for major issues.
• Work with infrastructure team to provision machines and access, implement failover processes and load balancing.
• Provide feedback and solutions for application quality/performance improvement.
• Act as an additional resource for basic support and configuration of 3rd party toolset.
• Maintains documentation and close communication with Tier 1 support, to inform of changes, fixes, and temporary workaround processes.
• Experience with IIS and .NET applications required.
• Strong application and system troubleshooting skills. Be able to leverage tools like log4net, remote access tools, SSMS, Windows and Linux administration tools, network traces, firewall logs, etc.
• Good understanding of application architecture, best practices and security impact.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL, with ability to confidently generate adhoc queries and troubleshoot stored procs.
• Analytical: able to collect metrics and understand what data is needed, parse that data in ways that provide key insights and summarize it for the team.
• Good understanding of Windows server administration and virtualization (VMWare, storage, AWS, Docker, etc).
• Strong sense of pride and ownership in the product, sensitive to quality and UX feedback.
• Ability to absorb rapidly new technical information and concepts, and apply it effectively
Experience and Education
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or related major (or equivalent experience)
• At least 5 years of experience supporting in-house .NET applications.
• Experience on Enterprise High Availability Platforms.
• Experience working in Agile environment.
• RabbitMQ experience is a plus.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company . NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.