Senior Systems Engineer
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and resolving complex technical problems across IT infrastructure services including Linux, Active Directory, virtualization, file/print, DNS, DHCP and storage.
• Linux server configuration and administration
• Linux multipath SAN configuration, logical volume management
• Storage and Archiving administration (Quantum StorNext and Scaler LTO Library)
• SAN administration
• Deploying Linux servers, operating system operational administration (RedHat, CentOS)
• Shell scripting (Bash, Python or PERL) for administration tasks
• Technical management of physical and virtual systems, including servers and storage.
• Troubleshoot and resolve any IT service issues related to operating systems and servers.
• Ability to install, configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring of operating system software and servers.
• Performing high-level root cause analysis for service interruption recovery and creating preventive measures.
• Writing knowledge Articles for the technical support staff on solving common systems-related problems.
• Mentorship of junior staff
• Operate as team lead on IT projects
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to administer modern enterprise server and virtualization technologies, Linux (RedHat, CentOS), VMware ESX.
• Experience with Storage Administration (SAN/NAS, StorNext/Quantum or other)
• Intermediate to advanced Linux administration
• Experience with Linux shell scripting (or other scripting language)
• Experience with Linux automation (e.g. Puppet, Chef) a plus
• Fibre Channel switch administration (Brocade).
• Working knowledge of load balancing and clustered N tier applications
• Active Directory administration a plus.
• Project Management experience.
• The individual must be flexible, willing to embrace business and technology change.
• Team player, also capable of independent work, study and analysis.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to multi-task and manage time and resources efficiently and effectively.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.