Senior Product Owner
Deluxe EntertainmentSolana Beach, CA
Full Time Job
The Deluxe Delivery group seeks an experienced and highly talented Sr. Product Owner to drive key products within the group's premium video processing, distribution and localization business lines. The Senior Product Owner will be responsible for owning the
features, roadmaps, plans and vision for a product or group of products. He or she will synthesize the business needs of internal stakeholders with corporate strategy and the needs of the market place to create roadmaps for his or her product(s). The Sr. Product
Owner will also partner with engineering teams to execute on these roadmaps. This individual will act as both product owner and scrum master within Deluxe's software development process. He or she will create user stories and manage the scrum, release and
sprint planning processes. The execution effort requires the Sr. Product Owner to make frequent decisions on the timing, cost and nature of individual product features. In addition to creating and executing on the product vision the Sr. Product Owner will
be the subject matter expert on his or her product(s). In this capacity the Sr. Product Owner supports operations, marketing and other stakeholders to operate, launch and market the products. This position is based out of Burbank, CA.
• Interface with key stakeholders, including senior managers, engineering, support, and sales organizations, to define, develop, shape and refine requirements of a complex software product (or product line) at the heart of the company's business within the
context of the business strategy & goals.
• Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria. Periodically review the product with stakeholders to ensure product meets expectations and is competitive in the marketplace in all
regards including user experience.
• Define, prioritize, and clarify user stories; working with others to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals.
• Build and groom product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with key stakeholders.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to run successful Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
• Perform product demos and evangelize across other teams as needed. Stay in sync with overall company product strategy and evaluate managed products with respect to potential connections/APIs/integrations with other company/partner products
• Own and maintain product documentation including feature lists, roadmaps, pricing, module lists, internal sales training materials, demo videos etc. Study competitive offerings in the market and anticipate customer needs.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Masters in CS or Business Administration highly desired.
• 3-5 years of directly applicable experience as a Senior Product Manager in a software organization, with 10-12+ years of related experience in a software product organization
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry is highly desired in an ideal candidate; especially related to digital audio, digital video, multimedia, and consumer electronic devices.
• Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools. Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced,
ever changing environment.
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority.
• Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and business user-friendly language.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet deadlines. Some travel is expected.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.