Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Our company values are:
• Be Pioneers – We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity
• Pursue Diversity – Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business
• Act with Integrity – We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company
• Take Ownership – We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company
• Collaborate – Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support
• Exceed Expectations – We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations
We currently have an opening for a Scripting Editor. The position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Creation of As-Broadcast Scripts, Dialogue Lists, Spotting Lists for television series, including transcription of spoken dialogue and spotting/timing for subtitle creation.
• Responsible for completing scripts in deliverable condition by internal due date and/or client due date.
• Responsible for ensuring scripts are error free and meet industry standards as well as unique client specifications.
• Perform QC and Proofing of scripting files that are created by other transcribers.
• Set up and start scripting files for other transcribers when accelerated turnaround times are necessary.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• BA degree in English, literature, journalism or scriptwriting
• Transcription and/or Spotting experience preferred.
• Must have a great command of the written English language and exceptional grammatical skills.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, work in a team and high pressure environment
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.