Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Project Manager Job Description
The Project Manager will work with the Studio Support Account teams to help schedule and track Mastering work during the specified work shift. Internally this position will be working directly with all of Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema's production departments.
Externally the Project Manager may be required to contact outside Deluxe Facilities (EFilm, Company 3, etc.), Post Supervisors, Studio representatives, and Creative talent - as necessary.
Day to day, this person will utilize a proprietary Work Order automation system called Kraken, which Project Managers must quickly become proficient in. This system distributes available tasks to operators-and in some cases Supervisors-through a work order
'queueing' platform that is managed by our team. Priority is adjusted throughout the day to meet project deadlines such as client scheduling and product delivery.
Priority is determined through communiques we maintain with Account Management teams, who organize deliverables on the client's behalf. We receive project details via email, group and private messaging, in-person directives, and in some cases, directly from
the client. We apply these updates to the database for consumption by the operators, who will modify and/or expedite the product based on our additions.
In order to transpose work orders correctly, Project Managers must correlate the total product output (per shift) against available resources, including staffing and equipment particulars. A fundamental understanding of digital delivery, DCP creation, quality
control practices, and print distribution is essential and provides the language needed to assist team members in surmounting production obstacles.
All candidates must have an understanding of the Digital Cinema Packaging workflow, as well as a basic knowledge of the DI workflow. The Project Manager must be a good communicator, be well organized, work well in a team environment, and have the ability to
facilitate multiple projects in a fast paced environment. The Project Manager must be flexible to work whatever shift is available including nights and weekends as well as work overtime as required by the business needs.
Job Specific Tasks:
• Helping the Account Teams to keep project(s) on a specific timeline for completion
• Working with Post facilities and vendors to facilitate delivery of source materials
• Working with the vault to receive and confirm delivery of source materials
• Scheduling of mastering processes from encoding through QC
• Creation of Work Orders in DTDC's proprietary Work Flow system
• Scheduling of both internal QC and Client QC screenings
• Organization and tracking of International Versioning of projects (Subbed and Dubbed, 2D and 3D) through the encoding, wrapping, and QC stages
• Communicating with clients for the Account Team when required
• Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
Systems and Applications:
• General Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Various Digital Cinema Playback Systems (Doremi, Dolby, SONY, etc.)
• Various Digital Cinema Projectors
• Digital Cinema Ancillary equipment (Closed Captioning Devices, DBOX, 3D Viewing systems, etc.)
• Filemaker Pro (ENIGMA)
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.