Project Manager - IT Infrastructure
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Project Manager – IT Infrastructure within Deluxe's Enterprise IT organization. The position will be located at our Burbank, CA offices.
The role of the Project Manager – IT Infrastructure is to develop and deliver IT infrastructure projects on time & within budget, whilst also delivering to the values and goals defined by Project Charters. This includes utilizing resources and coordinating
the efforts of team members to meet the defined objectives and quality controls throughout the lifecycle of individual projects, as well as supporting Senior Project Managers where appropriate to successfully deliver projects that are part of a wider program.
• Owns the development & management of IT infrastructure project plans, budgets, issues and risks, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Operates comfortably within both Agile and Gantt (waterfall) project environments
• Ensures that IT infrastructure project plans are aligned with the requested timelines and goals for deliverables
• Manages IT infrastructure projects in line with the defined processes for Risk, Issues, Change & Quality management, and ensures accurate and compliant document management
• Reviews deliverables assigned by Senior Project Manager before passing to sponsor
• Manages IT infrastructure project budgets, reporting on actuals, estimates to complete and estimates at completion
• Ensures that all IT infrastructure projects utilize and are compliant with the established project methodologies & standards.
• Ensures the required contributions from project stakeholders and supporting resources to deliver IT infrastructure projects to plan & budget
• Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of IT infrastructure projects including:
o Maintaining the Project Plan, Schedule & Budget, identifying managing any variances
o Reviewing project deliverables and providing Project Status reports weekly
o Identifying resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities.
o Managing resources to ensure delivery of requirements within timescales, escalating & resolving issues as required
o Preparing documents for Project Reviews and Advisory Committee Meetings
o Chairing Project Reviews & Advisory Committee meetings
o Measuring and driving value realization
o Tracks and reports hours and expenses on a weekly basis
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
• Holds regular status meetings with project team and management
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Possesses a general understanding of the platforms, software and programs that are utilized within Deluxe
• Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of Deluxe's capabilities.
• Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client projects.
• Manages and acts as mentor to small teams of project coordinators
• Conducts effective and timely performance evaluations, coaching those with less experience
• Helps team establish and execute career development plans
• Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training courses
• Tracks, reports & approves team members time & expenses on a weekly basis
• Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
• Serves as a role model for project coordinators & challenges others to develop to the best of their abilities
• Inspires team members to attain goals and pursue excellence
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
• Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
• Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
• Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
• Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
• Manages day-to-day client interaction with regards to the programs and projects
• Sets and manages client expectations with regards to the programs and projects
• Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders & clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Has a basic knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives..
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be very detail oriented and organized.
• BS/BA degree in computer science preferred.
• 4 years' direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project management and execution.
• Solid working knowledge of entertainment industry (specifically, organizations similar to Deluxe) and industry context preferred.
• Possesses strong understanding of IT infrastructure disciplines including network, service desk, data center, infrastructure and systems integration required
• Knowledge of ITIL and ITSM
• Strong familiarity with project management software, specifically MS Project and preferably Jira too
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Flexible during times of change.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members & contractors from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.